rear tire change/pulley bollts - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Wow, I have NEVER had to remove a pulley for a tire change!

I've removed and transplanted pulleys when swapping out wheels though, and ended up re-using the bolts. Same for the disc rotors. But, the book does say to replace them. Your call.

And... 10k and showing cords seems like awfully low mileage. I've been averaging 16-17 thousand miles on my rear E3's and still had some tread left. The trick is to keep the minimum cold tire pressure at 41psi !!!

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

I use a manual tire machine. It requires the pulley come off. I have always just re-locktited and reinstalled with existing hardware. They look just fine after 7 tire changes... If I'm not breaking them, I doubt you will.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
jbasile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Wow, I have NEVER had to remove a pulley for a tire change!
Yea its a pain.......A limitation of the tire changer I use. It can be done with the pulley intact but its quite a bit easier with it removed. Especially with the 180 on the rear of the Pin which is a bit of a battle to put on.

jb
jbasile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasile View Post
It is HIGHLY unlikely you could even get them anyway as is the case with Victory parts. So re-use them.
They sell bikes, but they dont supply parts for them. Pathetic company.
Funny, my dealer has had almost everything I ever needed in stock. When I order parts they arrive in just a few days. I just bought all the grommets for both side covers and the right cheese wedge, all the metal clips for both cheese wedges, and all the rubber parts involved in swapping the fuel pump to a new gas tank... everything was in stock at the dealer. Voltage regulator was in stock, but I ordered the stator and had it in 3 days.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
SilentUnicorn

This place has them http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...8878-part.html

and here

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...8878-part.html

and there is of course macmaster carr

pn 98093A761 cost is 6.71 for 10 screws.

m
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
visionjohnny

Most if not all tire machines do not really handles the Vic pulleys. There is a dollar bill Clarence. You have to look at the edge of the pulley you'll see it did make contact with the machine jaws.
I would think re using the bolts would be ok. Clean them good and use red lock tight.
Think of it this way if dealer had bolts in stock then they put in new bolts if they do not have bolts in stock then they don't use new ones.

H-D bolts would walk out cause no lock tight was used or it was a aftermarket rim.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Most if not all tire machines do not really handles the Vic pulleys...
I don't know about most (cannot comment due to lack of knowledge), but for sure not all, as my dealer did it in front of me (replaced rear tire) with the pulley attached the whole time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #18
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I would pull the rotor and reuse the bolts on it long before I would reuse the bolts on the pulley. Once the bolts are stretched when torqued; that's it. They are no longer as strong as they once were. For those who are reusing them over and over; cool man but I think that is more luck than anything else.

Did they say why they couldn't just turn the wheel over and pull the rotor instead of the pulley?
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
gibson
Lifetime Premium

I do not know what the big deal is.. If it was bolts on a car head, I would say yes get new bolts. You do not get new lug nuts when you change your tire on your truck or car. And the stretching a pecker goes through, you do not get a new pecker. Or wish we could..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
sgtfixit

Default bolts ordered

Bolts ordered thru Kate...$20 w/s&h. Will not reuse the old pulley ones. locktited them as recommended. Now if the rain will let up so I can break in the new tires.
2011 Victory Cross Country (Imperial Blue)
-Mods-
Vic Military Salute Wedge Covers/Vic Passenger Backrest/Vic Flip shield/Floor Board Hwy Pegs/2012 Hard Lowers/Hard Bag Bars/adj. pass. foot rests/XM Radio/+2 SRVT Pull Back Bars/Mirror extenders/Kuryakyn little silver bullet driving lights/laid down plate bracket/Kuryakyn Brake Pedal/Signal Dynamics headlight modulator/Custom Dynamics Brake light Strobe
sgtfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement