Windshield for XR - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
diogee

Question Windshield for XR

I just purchased a brand new 2011 Victory Cross Roads (not a mistype or a time warp, this thing has 0 miles) and am looking to add a windshield to it (not fairing), but need some advise:

1. Is there a good after market windshield for the XR? I've checked multiple sites and can't seem to find anything that fits. I was hoping to find a NC switchblade, but it doesn't look like there is one. To add to the confusion, Cruisercustomizing.com says it has windshields for the XR but then the XR doesn't show up in the fitment charts.

2. If I have to drop $ to buy the Victory windshield, is the one for the XR Lock & Ride?

3. Finally, what windshield height should I be looking at? I am 6'1" and most of it is body (ok, maybe belly )

Thanks in advance for your advise. Merry Christmas!
diogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
visionjohnny

Did you look here
http://www.memphisshades.com/

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
diogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
I did, but can't seem to find mention of fit for the XR, only the Hammer, Vegas and 8 Ball. Do any of those bikes have the same fitment as the XR?

Thanks
Old Enough To Know Better - Drunk Enough To Do It Again!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
rainman123

you may want to check ebay and/or amazon
98 t-bird traded for rocket
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
rainman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
vagabondjpm

The only aftermarket I know of is Cee Bailey's (http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/cr...s_2010_ws.html) but you will still need to stock brackets. You are roped into buying a stock shield for the brackets. The only other option is a fairing from Victory or Wide Open Customs.

No lock and ride, just the four screws in your triple trees.

I bought a mid-height with mine. I am 6' 2" and found it perfect for my needs but always preferred a smaller shield. In my mind, I want something that I can hide behind in a heavy down pour but not one that calls attention to itself. I ended up buying a 15" Cee Baileys. Where the mid-height sent the wind up, skimming at my forehead, (I looked just over it), the 15" puts the wind squarely at my collarbone.

I hope this helps.

Ride safe.

Last edited by vagabondjpm; 12-25-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Additional information
vagabondjpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
TonyChip78

Garage

I have the Victory mid-height model. I'm 6'1" with a long torso and it puts my eyes about 3" above the shield. It takes about a minute to take on and off by loosening 4 bolts. About as fast as the switchblade, but you'll need the 5mm Allen in your tool kit. It's a big hunk of plastic, can't imagine how big the tall shield is.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
diogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabondjpm View Post
The only aftermarket I know of is Cee Bailey's (http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/cr...s_2010_ws.html) but you will still need to stock brackets. You are roped into buying a stock shield for the brackets. The only other option is a fairing from Victory or Wide Open Customs.

No lock and ride, just the four screws in your triple trees.

I bought a mid-height with mine. I am 6' 2" and found it perfect for my needs but always preferred a smaller shield. In my mind, I want something that I can hide behind in a heavy down pour but not one that calls attention to itself. I ended up buying a 15" Cee Baileys. Where the mid-height sent the wind up, skimming at my forehead, (I looked just over it), the 15" puts the wind squarely at my collarbone.

I hope this helps.

Ride safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyChip78 View Post
I have the Victory mid-height model. I'm 6'1" with a long torso and it puts my eyes about 3" above the shield. It takes about a minute to take on and off by loosening 4 bolts. About as fast as the switchblade, but you'll need the 5mm Allen in your tool kit. It's a big hunk of plastic, can't imagine how big the tall shield is.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Thanks gents. I had a feeling that I would have to get the Victory one. They sure have no problem charging for it! I will def look at Cee Baileys after. Sadly with this snow, I'll have plenty of time to wait
Old Enough To Know Better - Drunk Enough To Do It Again!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
bfp

Garage

I have a windshield complete, with 17 " Cee Baileys tinted(light) shield. Brackets are black. It's used. If you are interested.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
sparkyo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogee View Post
I just purchased a brand new 2011 Victory Cross Roads (not a mistype or a time warp, this thing has 0 miles) and am looking to add a windshield to it (not fairing), but need some advise:

1. Is there a good after market windshield for the XR? I've checked multiple sites and can't seem to find anything that fits. I was hoping to find a NC switchblade, but it doesn't look like there is one. To add to the confusion, Cruisercustomizing.com says it has windshields for the XR but then the XR doesn't show up in the fitment charts.

2. If I have to drop $ to buy the Victory windshield, is the one for the XR Lock & Ride?

3. Finally, what windshield height should I be looking at? I am 6'1" and most of it is body (ok, maybe belly )

Thanks in advance for your advise. Merry Christmas!
check out 7jurock shields. i am 290 and 6'1" and bought one of the taller wider shields and love it. not only got rid of the head bobbing but also killed the wind noise. made the ride much much better
Old 12-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
sparkyo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyo1 View Post
check out 7jurock shields. i am 290 and 6'1" and bought one of the taller wider shields and love it. not only got rid of the head bobbing but also killed the wind noise. made the ride much much better
24" tall and 26" wide is mine.....7jurock.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement