Vision intake - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Utah Ed

Default Vision intake

Ive read many posts on intake mods and if I recall, it seems to me people have mentioned 2 seperate air cleaners on the vision? A front and top. Serched a couple retail vendors and they seem to sell these 2 items, so I went and pulled up the 2011 owners manual to reference, and it only mentions changing the front filter. No talk about a top filter at all.
Can some of you Vision owners help me understand this a little better?

Went elsewhere for answers........you can delete this post......

Last edited by Utah Ed; 03-29-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Utah Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
visionjohnny

Ed
Under your radio is a metal plate you can replace with a Lloydz or Ness filter. Six bolts hold it in place. You have to pull your gauge bezel and then your dash there is one smal bolt inside the glove box.
They say you will pick up some power but they say you can hear it suck air. I can hear it suck air but its not that bad.
If you put the filter you don't need to do a flash or a fuel controler or any thing ells.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Utah Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Ed
Under your radio is a metal plate you can replace with a Lloydz or Ness filter. Six bolts hold it in place. You have to pull your gauge bezel and then your dash there is one smal bolt inside the glove box.
They say you will pick up some power but they say you can hear it suck air. I can hear it suck air but its not that bad.
If you put the filter you don't need to do a flash or a fuel controler or any thing ells.
Did you notice much of a performance change with it, or is it really worth the hassle? Speaking of hassle........xct gas tank has to be removed to change the air filter?? ........I would think since Victory performance is a major bragging right, the engineers would have come up with something a little more customer friendly.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
lstayner

Default Try a goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Ed View Post
Did you notice much of a performance change with it, or is it really worth the hassle? Speaking of hassle........xct gas tank has to be removed to change the air filter?? ........I would think since Victory performance is a major bragging right, the engineers would have come up with something a little more customer friendly.
You should try to change one in an 1800 Goldwing. You have to remove the entire cowling and engine parts just to get to it. It would be nice to have the filter more accessible but they had to keep the clean lines.

Never get to busy making a living that you forget to make a life.

Larry

2011 Pearl White Vision 71,000 smiles
lstayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Buster

I have a 2008 Vision, I had a dyno run done and was 80hp, when I changed to the Level I exhaust I felt more seat of the pants power. The bike ran good but I wanted more sound. In shifting would bring the bike up to the fork stops. I than went to the LLoyds secondary air intake, More seat of the pants power, the bike would now lift the front wheel in 2nd and 3rd gears. I do not speed shift. The bike would not do that in stock condition. So to answer your question, yes you do get more power, they say 7/8 hp. I beleive them. With just mufflers and secondary air intake you can get at least 10/12 more hp. If you by Victory Mufflers and the LLoyds secondary intake you have spent about $700. That is cheap HP.

Buster
2008 Vision
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

I know this is a bit older thread but trying to livin up the Vision forum a bit. Lol. I just added Lloyd's 2nd intake filter, 1 hour task and 95 bucks with shipping. What an investment!!!!!! Agree with the pulling the wheel up, I broke traction by accident on test ride, caught me off guard. Lol. For exhaust I didn't want to make it as loud as my TC with level 1s so went With the FREE option drilling out the tips with 7 1/2 inch holes. Just the right amount of low end rumble and again a good seat of the pants improvement. Bike has a great sound rolling down the road yet I can slip in and out of neighborhood predawn without disturbing everyone too much. This combo will easily tie me over until i put cams, exhaust and controller or if I even do. It has plenty of giddy up now yet you know there is more ther. But that is why I kept my TC. Lol

Just wanted to update the thread and brag on the VV a bit.

Safe ridin all!

Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
visionjohnny

When you look at the vision air intake you wounder how it would even run.
With the air intake behind the headlight how it the world does it get enough air.
Then you put in the top air filter to get more air but how does it get there.
Guess when you look at all the Vic models you have to wounder how any of them can run.
When you do open up there air ways they really come a live.
What ever you spend for improving the air intake is good money spent.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I've got one coming from LLOYDZ too. Along with their programmer and adjustable intake. My question is about the front filter. Behind that is that 4 cone plastic insert. Is that really needed? It would seem to only restrict air.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike View Post
I've got one coming from LLOYDZ too. Along with their programmer and adjustable intake. My question is about the front filter. Behind that is that 4 cone plastic insert. Is that really needed? It would seem to only restrict air.
Killing time and updating some threads.. lol.... I think you got this answered on another forum that it should stay in unless you have upgraded to the TWIN air intake at which time it can be removed (this was performed by KevinX on another riders bike during upgrade to twin intake and cams) Thank you Gunslinger for the Q's which I have now included the updated info in the post!

Also, I am not sure where I posted the Ness vs Lloydz 2nd filter but according to Lloyd his design will allow for up to 60% more air flow over the Ness square 2nd filter. That was taken from a conversation a few weeks ago btwn VicBuilder and Lloyd after there had been discussion about the filters and their designs.

As for upgrading the front filter, after what I have read I do plan on installing the Vic performance K&N STYLE filter when my stock'er is due for replacement. I have plenty of filter cleaner and K&N oil thats for sure... Darn sales... lol...
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 12-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
visionjohnny

I search the web looking for test done on air filters and it was a waist of time. All propaganda.
For the price I think the stock front air filter gives you as much power and air flow as a so called performance one.
Price wise stock is cheaper and no down time cleaning like the performance one.
What we need is a way to get the coolest passable air into the system we can.
One trick on a vision is take off the top V panel to get more air in.
Jackpots an hammers the longer the tubes the better cold air you can get. X bikes your just out of luck for cold air.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement