I mourn for my country - Page 123 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #1221
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Buy a burglar alarm.

So then limit it to 10 or 6 or whatever makes sense...I'm just saying that it does make sense because it would provide a chance for someone, armed or not, to engage the assailant. And all else being equal, it is mathematically impossible for the assailant to deliver as many rounds before the cavalry arrives. The nice thing about limiting magazines is that the "scary looking guns" themselves would remain legal for us to hunt hog herds as necessary..
YOU might want to hope a burglar alarm 'scares away the burgler', but I don't want to take that chance... burglers know the cops will take a while to show up.. I also live in a 'country' area where my neighbors are distant and the sounds of shots being fired don't warrant a 9-1-1 call...they've got time to do what they want before they go... you seem willing to give up your right to self-protection, I'm not that willing... or that trusting.

You mention limiting magazines to 'whatever makes sense'... makes sense to who??? 10 rounds makes sense to some... a single shot makes sense to others... it's already 10 max. in Calif., what number do you think they are planning on as they continue to decrease the number of rounds?? I think I know the number... it's '0'.

And you really think the gun itself is safe while they continue to limit the magazine rounds? Right... as soon as the magazines are down to (1) round then we don't need the semi-autos do we...

You must know that the ultimate agenda is NO guns, you aren't that unaware of the anti-gun lobby are you?
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #1222
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
YOU might want to hope a burglar alarm 'scares away the burgler', but I don't want to take that chance... burglers know the cops will take a while to show up.. I also live in a 'country' area where my neighbors are distant and the sounds of shots being fired don't warrant a 9-1-1 call...they've got time to do what they want before they go... you seem willing to give up your right to self-protection, I'm not that willing... or that trusting.
a) I just told you I don't care if the laws aren't changed

b) If the laws are changed to lower capacity, how would that force you to give up your right to protection?

Quote:
You mention limiting magazines to 'whatever makes sense'... makes sense to who???
Mad mothers who want the gov't to do something to protect their offspring with their tax dollars.

Quote:
10 rounds makes sense to some... a single shot makes sense to others... it's already 10 max. in Calif., what number do you think they are planning on as they continue to decrease the number of rounds?? I think I know the number... it's '0'.
So then if the feds lower it to 10 nationwide, you will have lost nothing except hours of your life typing about the mean "liberals" coming to maintain the status quo and the mad mothers will feel safer.

Quote:
And you really think the gun itself is safe while they continue to limit the magazine rounds? Right...
Like the "fiscal cliff" and everything else in DC, laws are negotiated. NRA offers to limit clips...mad mothers offer to spare the scary guns...law passed.

Quote:
You must know that the ultimate agenda is NO guns, you aren't that unaware of the anti-gun lobby are you?
There are undoubtedly people on that extreme and people like you who want zero restrictions on anything at the other extreme. It's the people in the middle who get things accomplished.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #1223
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Changing a magazine isn't rocket science.. push a button, take old one out, push new one in.. gee, I don't think you need Seal Training for that.
To me, riding a bike like a bat out of hell is second nature. Wouldn't advise a rookie to follow me...
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #1224
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Every anti-gun bonehead should read this and let it sink in until they get it.

An opinion on gun control
Heavy sigh...

Again, you extremely thick-headed liberals need to read this opinion piece until you get it, even if it takes the rest of your life.

It may be an opinion but it is the best opinion anyone has had to this day in reducing the kind of crimes that have spawned gun control discussions all over the web. Only a feeble-minded liberal could possibly think a "law" could possibly stop a crazy person from committing a crime. A crazy person will only be stopped by force. Why do you think people call the cops, you know, someone with a gun, to stop the crazed idiot?

God made man. Mr. Colt made all men equal.

Guns are for self protection when seconds count and the cops are minutes away.

I could go on like this forever practically but feeble and weak-minded liberals will never be able to comprehend this extremely basic concept yet the first thing they do is hire someone with a gun to protect them. Duh!

Our freedom to own and operate guns responsibly is what separates us from weak countries like France, Canada, and Mexico, to name just a few. Yes. We are allowed to protect ourselves, by law, when others in other countries are not.

Guns are part of the American culture and persona and will be until there is no more America. We love our guns. We cherish the freedoms it represents. It's something no other advanced country has and there is absolutely no way anyone can change it without starting a full-on civil war.

Are you thick-headed liberals really sure you want to start a fight like that?

I can tell you how it ends...
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #1225
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

If the brain-dead liberals get their way; this is what will happen here. Well, not really, because there are 150 million gun owners in the USA and we would never stand for it but look at what happened in a country where it did happen.

BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #1226
Azdave

Good find Bbob. Now type in McCain, McConnell and some of those other old Republican dudes that you are so enamored with and tell us why you guys believe they have the ability to lead the USA. Hell you can add Hatch to the list too.

You rip on the Democrats but in reality the Republicans NEVER have a plan. NEVER motivate the country. Reagan was your last guy and to be honest he was more a blue dog Democrat but that was your last hurrah. Since then it has been the party of fear and spending.

Come on google help Bbob out
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #1227
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Changing a magazine isn't rocket science.. push a button, take old one out, push new one in.. gee, I don't think you need Seal Training for that.
Apparently, some do.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1228
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Apparently, some do.
Expert in controlled situation:

Rookies:

Disclaimer: For those lacking a sense of humor, this was meant to be funny, not an actual comparison.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #1229
Azdave

So anyone seen John Boehner. Tanning and crying in FL? The guy is a disgrace to the USA. Not only should he not be leaker but he should resign immediately.

Another one of your Republican idols. He's not 70 Bbob but you can add him to the list. Still waiting. 4 great??? Republicans and you can't come up with 1 accomplishment? Try Bing or Yahoo
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #1230
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Good find Bbob. Now type in McCain, McConnell and some of those other old Republican dudes that you are so enamored with and tell us why you guys believe they have the ability to lead the USA. Hell you can add Hatch to the list too.

You rip on the Democrats but in reality the Republicans NEVER have a plan. NEVER motivate the country. Reagan was your last guy and to be honest he was more a blue dog Democrat but that was your last hurrah. Since then it has been the party of fear and spending.

Come on google help Bbob out
The republicans passed several budgets, democrats haven't had one, as required by law, for YEARS.

It's a silly game... since you think Obama has accomplished worthwhile things... that eliminates you as a judge of what an accomplishment is.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement