Madstad Brackets! - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
gamewarden

Orbiker

I really like the look of those bars. Did you have to purchase any cables etc to get them to fit. How do you like them over stock?

Thanks
Blue 2011 Cross Country, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy.
gamewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
orbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
Orbiker

I really like the look of those bars. Did you have to purchase any cables etc to get them to fit. How do you like them over stock?

Thanks
I did not need to purchase any cables or extend the wires. The brake is a tad tight and I am hoping I can just get a 45 or 90 for the connection to the master-cylinder.

Check this thread for lots of feedback on the bars from me and BBob.
KEN

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
anrman

I've been toying with both the Klock shield and odom blade on the Madstad brackets and here are my opinions.

1) OEM blade only was ok, but was tiring after full day ride.
2) Klock shield only was horrific and unusable over 60 mph.
3) Klock with Madstad was better, but shield tilted back was to close to my face and too uncomfortable to ride with. Tilted up and it was to uncomfortable to see through while riding.
4) OEM blade with Madstad was simply terrific with some slight adjustments.

I'm 5'11 with a 30" inseam just so you can gauge. And all this is my .02.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
2011 Cross Roads
2009 BMW K1300S
2005 BMW K1200S
anrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
75woody

I just received and installed my Madstad brackets yesterday. I have the Klockwerks shield on now and noticed the brackets helped alot in the quick ride I took before I realized my rear tire had a nail in it and had to head home!
I have the Blade wind shield but sort of ruined it trying to make it "smoked". I have the tall touring shield if anyone wants to trade their blade
Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
scorpion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrman View Post
I've been toying with both the Klock shield and odom blade on the Madstad brackets and here are my opinions.

1) OEM blade only was ok, but was tiring after full day ride.
2) Klock shield only was horrific and unusable over 60 mph.
3) Klock with Madstad was better, but shield tilted back was to close to my face and too uncomfortable to ride with. Tilted up and it was to uncomfortable to see through while riding.
4) OEM blade with Madstad was simply terrific with some slight adjustments.

I'm 5'11 with a 30" inseam just so you can gauge. And all this is my .02.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I just added the Madstad brackets but since I have an XCT I had to order a windshield as well. After reading several riders weren't happy with the Klockworks windscreen, I went with a Madstad screen and am completely happy with it. I was concerned with the 11" being too low but even at it's lowest setting, I have a nice pocket of stable air. The tilt forward really helps. I have it about half way with the angle/tilt.
scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #26
orbiker

I'm still lovin' my Madstad Brackets.

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

Some of my Rides

Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #27
BThomas
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

Hey Ken, is your gps attached to your bars or to your Madstad bracket? Been thinking of fabricating a bar between the Madstads to hold my GPS in lieu of it's current place...
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #28
orbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
Hey Ken, is your gps attached to your bars or to your Madstad bracket? Been thinking of fabricating a bar between the Madstads to hold my GPS in lieu of it's current place...
I tried a bracket off the Madstad and it wiggled too much. I you look close under the GPS you can see 2 pieces of metal which go down to a highway peg pinch mount on the bars.

Some of my Rides

Sponsored Links
Advertisement