I mourn for my country - Page 146 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #1451
Azdave

Gunslinger my personal definition of an assault weapon is the same as Fox's and the NRAs. I believe a weapon that can fire that many rounds from and extended magazine and can be converted via Internet parts to fully automatic is an assault weapon. Police departments when they confiscate Uzzis, AKs, ARs always refer to them as assault weapons. The press, the NRA, police dept., FBI, and even onservative media all call them assault weapons.

So either we are all wrong and you are right or
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #1452
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Gunslinger my personal definition of an assault weapon is the same as Fox's and the NRAs. I believe a weapon that can fire that many rounds from and extended magazine and can be converted via Internet parts to fully automatic is an assault weapon. Police departments when they confiscate Uzzis, AKs, ARs always refer to them as assault weapons. The press, the NRA, police dept., FBI, and even onservative media all call them assault weapons.

So either we are all wrong and you are right or
While what you say is true to an extent, no government agency that actually does assaults would use anything other than full automatic.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #1453
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
While what you say is true to an extent, no government agency that actually does assaults would use anything other than full automatic.
Ummm...you are aware that the standard issue M-4 is a three round burst, right? (The M4A1 is has semi or full)
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #1454
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
So what's that tell you? In all reality, the availability or lack there of of fire-arms to people, legal or otherwise, really doesn't have that much of an effect on violent crime/homicide. If it did, there would be a definitive correlation over the last 30 years....but there isn't. There are a HUGE variety of things that come in to play with crime.
You ever read the book "Tipping Point?"
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #1455
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The one by Malcom Gladwell? I haven't read it, but I am familiar with the basic point...which is why I'm assuming this is the one you're referring to. lol
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #1456
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
The one by Malcom Gladwell? I haven't read it, but I am familiar with the basic point...which is why I'm assuming this is the one you're referring to. lol
Yeah, that's the one.

In it the author discusses a rapid crime drop in NYC. He said depending on who you ask, you got a different reason for the sudden decline. The chief of police would say it was a change in police tactics, an economist said that improving economic conditions were the cause, drug councilors said it was their work in getting people off crack etc. The author found a different reason for the dramatic and unexpected drop.

I listened to the entire Ted Nugent diatribe on Youtube and found him making the same type of arguments about guns. For example, the highest crime rates are where guns are harder/illegal to get and low where gun laws are lax. There are a few other variables that old Ted conviently leaves out of the mix though...
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #1457
ALStensby

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one.

In it the author discusses a rapid crime drop in NYC. He said depending on who you ask, you got a different reason for the sudden decline. The chief of police would say it was a change in police tactics, an economist said that improving economic conditions were the cause, drug councilors said it was their work in getting people off crack etc. The author found a different reason for the dramatic and unexpected drop.

I listened to the entire Ted Nugent diatribe on Youtube and found him making the same type of arguments about guns. For example, the highest crime rates are where guns are harder/illegal to get and low where gun laws are lax. There are a few other variables that old Ted conviently leaves out of the mix though...
It boils down to an old psychology term known as "Confirmation Bias".
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #1458
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Wow Boehner is getting ripped to shreds on Sandy funds. The Rs may have a new speaker and hopefully it won't be Cantor.
I'll bet you think the republicans are against that bill because they hate storm victims? Or maybe EVERYONE should have been against a bill full of money for all sorts of other stuff under the guise of 'Sandy Relief'. Every now and then a repubulican stands up for what is right, and you liberals spin it.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #1459
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
They want the option of full auto, but anyone who's shot full auto realize pretty quick you'd prefer 2 or 3 shot bursts, or better yet, semi-auto.

Pull that trigger on full auto and your 30 rounds are gone in a flash, and only the first shot or two are very accurate.

We should HOPE the next mass shooter has a full auto weapon, you'll probably have less dead people.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #1460
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
We've seen the most significant 'tipping point' reached... that's the 47%. Look what the entitlement mentality has wrought.
1974 BMW R75/5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement