Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro for XC/XR - Page 59 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #581
sixshooter_45

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
No problem. You should get one of these too:
http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_vie...itemid=1000078

Very helpful on popping and poor manners at small throttle opening/closing situations. And cheap too.
I learned a little more about the VFC-III and Loydz did mention that the IAV may be needed only if I have any popping issues.

This was from Loydz:

"Hi Greg, with the D&D and our filter you would only need to use our VFC-III. If you have some popping issues then you can use our IAV. Our HR1 will fit right on with your bike. No grinding needed."

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.

Last edited by sixshooter_45; 10-09-2012 at 11:54 PM.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #582
slickvic
Premium Member

Hey guys,
I just installed my LLoydz filter and Replacement cobra tuner.
Phil set it up for what he felt would give me the best performance and fuel mileage. ( Phil is the cobra tuner). After reviewing this thread I decided to not connect the O2 sensors at all.

These are my findings after a 2 hr ride:

I can feel a nice change with the LLoydz filter. A snappier throttle response and no obnoxious air sound. While accellerating my bike revs up nice and clean. Very happy with this choice.

Now the cobra. No check engine lights! I feel a lot more power thru the rpm range. This thing screams and runs very strong a definate difference from the 1st cobra unit (maybe cause no O2's this time?) I did slow throttle accels and quick hard accels. I tested roll ons in 5th and 6th and There is a distinct difference than just running stage 1 flash and O2 disconnect. The fuel tuner and the LLoydz filter is a great match with my D&D's.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome and can tell you if you are looking to just upgrade fuel , air , and exhaust then dont waste your time with stg 1. For not much more $ the LLoyds filter and VFC3 or PowerPro tuner with your choice of slip-ons is a great way to go. If you think you want stg1 then you want more for your bike. Stg 1 is just a tweak and not much more. Go this route. you will be happier. I will call this stg 2

Hopefully now we can burn up another thread like this one it was educational to say the least and entertaining as well
2011 Cross Country. D&D's wrapped, VM1DR cams, PC5, LLoyds filter and PTS (Timing wheel) 115/115 by KMC. Klock Werks flip shield, RFPBR300x4 amp and Polk MM651's. HMD Black Pull Backs with Victory performance grips. PIAA Led3 driving lights.

Last edited by slickvic; 10-13-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: left out a sentence
slickvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #583
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Also, please, please, please don't mistakenly attribute the 6.5 HP power enhancement you get from the Lloyds air filter to the Cobra unit when you DO make the change.
You called it!
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #584
busajack

Garage

You guys are fun to watch. Where are all the parts in these fuel controlers made?? China, so they match up with your chinese wiring harness.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #585
busajack

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter_45 View Post
I learned a little more about the VFC-III and Loydz did mention that the IAV may be needed only if I have any popping issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZKoPsX-uo

This was from Loydz:

"Hi Greg, with the D&D and our filter you would only need to use our VFC-III. If you have some popping issues then you can use our IAV. Our HR1 will fit right on with your bike. No grinding needed."
You do know you can make your own IAV out of aquarium parts from Wallmart for $1.98, or an old carburator ETC.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #586
bryman

I got the LLoyd's IAV and air filter for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing how it plays with the PowrPro and my D&D exhaust.

Other: Signal Dynamic LED Plate frame w/BackOff XP / Clearwater Glenda LED Lights / 3BRPowersports USB in-bag power port / Utopia police backrest w/quick-out / D&D Boss slip-ons (569-12F)
bryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #587
ridealittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by busajack View Post
You do know you can make your own IAV out of aquarium parts from Wallmart for $1.98, or an old carburator ETC.
explain please, pics?
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #588
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
explain please, pics?
Like this:

Any questions?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #589
Speedblue

Default Iav

Did not look the IAV up in the service manual. I have done lots of carbs over the years. Also have done lots of diesel fuel systems of different types. Can somebody do a simple explanation of the IAV valve and what it does. Then can somebody explain or diagram making your own and how or where it hooks up to and the benefits. ---Yes been wrenching for years, but yes like all people I do not know everything, ha, ha. So help us who do not know out,please.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #590
ridealittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Like this:

Any questions?
sorry but that doesn't help much, or at all
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement