Installing the Lloydz air box - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Jackpot Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Tachdriver

Default Installing the Lloydz air box

I am going to install the Lloydz air box. I remove the seat and gas tank, is there more to do to get to it ? Can I slice it out along it's seams with a knive from there ?
Tachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
lunaticrider

Garage

A pvc cable saw is the tool you will want to cut the airbox out, I suppose you could use a dremel if you want as well.

2012 Hammer 8 ball
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
lunaticrider

Garage

Did you get the instructions with it?

2012 Hammer 8 ball
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Tachdriver

Here is what is left of the stock air box....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08778.jpg (40.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Tachdriver

NOW, as I sit and wait for the Lloydz air box and VFC3 to arrive on monday - is there anything I need to think on or consider ? Once it's here, the VFC3 goes on first. I have a routing pathway in mind. the injector clips are already loose and ready.

Then the Air box goes on.

Any tips from you professionals ? What happens when the ECU does not see a feedback on the O2 sensors ? The big slash pipes already have the o2 sensor plugs installed and I have taped shut the wiring connectors and tucked them up and out of the way.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Tachdriver

Air box came in today. Pics say it all. This thing is a work of art I tell ya. Professionally made in every aspect. Perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08498.jpg (47.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08499.jpg (51.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08502.jpg (38.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08505.jpg (44.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08507.jpg (42.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Tachdriver

The thing lays in there like a coffin. Too bad the gas tank covers it all up

I taped up the spring clamps and wire tied them to the frame to prevent vibration erosion.

Tomorrow the rest goes back on and hopefully she fires up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08514.jpg (43.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08513.jpg (30.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachdriver View Post
What happens when the ECU does not see a feedback on the O2 sensors ? The big slash pipes already have the o2 sensor plugs installed and I have taped shut the wiring connectors and tucked them up and out of the way.
Not seeing the O2 sensors puts it in a loop and will actually enrich your lower RPMs from idle which is where popping would occur helping your valves out on down the road. Nothing to worry about and not that I am the professional but have read enough posts from KevinX and Rylan (VicBuilder) to know...lol...

Seeing your install makes me want to swap out my Ness for the Lloydz... hehe, looks great! Looking forward to post ride report... I know I almost had to go to the ER because of too big a grin on my face!!!!!
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
Tachdriver

Put it all back together, cycyled the key on/off several time to prime and learn - then hit the starter and it fired right up. MAN what a diffrence those Big slash pipes made. Idled it for 10 or 15 minutes to burn off the nickle-eze residual on the O2 plugs and muffler slip on area. Reved a couple times and it rumbled the whole garage.

Love it !!

Later
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachdriver View Post
I am going to install the Lloydz air box. I remove the seat and gas tank, is there more to do to get to it ? Can I slice it out along it's seams with a knive from there ?
Will you please add what model an year you have. It will help with the future post and us. Thanks
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement