Installing the Lloydz air box - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Jackpot Forum

Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #11
Mags
Premium Member

Looks like a 2011 Jackpot???

Edit: Just saw other thread... We have a winner!

Mags

Last edited by Mags; 01-05-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #12
Tachdriver

yes, 2011 jackpot here on the jackpot forum
Tachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
Eli

Default Installing the Lloydz air box

Nice bike.... How is this set up working out for you? I have a 2008 jackpot and I wanted to add the Lloyd's air intake. Really cleans up the bike showing off the top of the motor. What all did you need to buy other than the intake? I really just want to get rid of the ugly black air intake box. This may be a dumb question but seeing how the gas tank covers the air filter. Does it really get more air all the way around or just in the front of the air filter? Thank you ride safe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Nice bike.... How is this set up working out for you? I have a 2008 jackpot and I wanted to add the Lloyd's air intake. Really cleans up the bike showing off the top of the motor. What all did you need to buy other than the intake? I really just want to get rid of the ugly black air intake box. This may be a dumb question but seeing how the gas tank covers the air filter. Does it really get more air all the way around or just in the front of the air filter? Thank you ride safe

What do you have for exhaust and controller? I'm using a Ness big sucker on my TC with a S1flash and level1 exhaust but Lloydz on my Vision. Both are friggin great! I would do the Lloydz over ness, Ifi remember right Lloyd said about 30% increase in airflow due to the design.
Your going to pickup up to 5-7hp as well as improve the looks. Cutting the box out is not bad using a dremmel with a Sheetrock bit on it. Like a knife to hot butter. Tanks gotta come off and will reuse your sensors once out. You can do the filter with no remap or exhaust but a combination will improve it even more. Plan on unhooking your O2 sensors to prevent the lean idle which causes the backfiring.

Hope this helps. Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
Tachdriver

The air box is a work of fine art. Yes, it really pulls in more air. With that ugly black stock box gone, you can see the beauty of the 106 motor - looks great. I ordered the VFC along with it and installed both while the tank was off. Works great....and how it runs - well I have not got the bike out yet. But it fired right up and idled smooth.

later
Tachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Eli

I have victory swept exhaust. Don't really like them want a shorter pipe that will show off my chrome swing arm. Will be getting something in the near future, Santa Rosa looks cool. As far a controller... I don't know I haven't seen anything that's attached anywhere. Bought the bike used from Strokers Dallas. I think it's stage one. It has K&N filter and that's it. Thanks for the info

Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
I have victory swept exhaust. Don't really like them want a shorter pipe that will show off my chrome swing arm. Will be getting something in the near future, Santa Rosa looks cool. As far a controller... I don't know I haven't seen anything that's attached anywhere. Bought the bike used from Strokers Dallas. I think it's stage one. It has K&N filter and that's it. Thanks for the info

Cant steer you in the right direction for your model on exhaust but there are those here that can. Also, don't be afraid to call Lloydz and talk to them. Just read a good article from him on exhausts. Do the filter, I had the K&N in replacement of the stock and your going to get blown away when you open it up so it can breath. Good luck. looking forward to your followup. When I took mine out after installing the Ness, I almost got lock jaw from smiling TOO hard.. hehehe Safe ridin
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
Tom

Default S&S VS Lloyd's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachdriver View Post
Air box came in today. Pics say it all. This thing is a work of art I tell ya. Professionally made in every aspect. Perfect.
Ok, I bought a new S&S intake for $265 that looks exactly the same as the Lloyd's intake shown here, how much was the Lloyd's intake?
Arlen Ness Tribar wheels
Power Commander III USB
Rear Lowered 1 1/4
Front lowered look ??
too many small customs done to list?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
Eli

Lloyd'z air box looks to be around $320. Is there any difference between the two? Other than S&S is more coffin like where Lloyd'z is rounded on the edges?
Ready to buy one, but which one? If Lloyd'z is better I don't mind paying more.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
If Lloyd'z is better I don't mind paying more.
Well... if you are really willing to pay more for a better airbox...
http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_vie...itemid=1000085

bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement