HID headlights - VictoryHID - Page 57 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #561
Swatmedic

Cross, I have a similar issue with my low beam but its intermittent. Sometime it will turn on and sometimes not. When it doesn't I need to shut the bike down and turn the key off and back on then it usually works with one try but sometimes two.

Sometimes when I turn the key and the bulb works normally it goes out when I hit the starter and I need to shut it down and start over. I put both the high and low kits in and it was super tight so I have not tried checking the polarity yet as its 3 degrees here and I'm not in a hurry but do you have any thoughts?
Kewlmetal black flame rack
Tachometer
Memphis Shades Alley cat
Black Ness drag bars
Brakeaway cruise control
Kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle assist
Linby Multibar in black
Swatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #562
Swatmedic

I just read the FAQ's section on the website. Sounds identical to what I have and not a big deal. I will wait a whole 3 more seconds!
Kewlmetal black flame rack
Tachometer
Memphis Shades Alley cat
Black Ness drag bars
Brakeaway cruise control
Kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle assist
Linby Multibar in black
Swatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #563
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatmedic View Post
I just read the FAQ's section on the website. Sounds identical to what I have and not a big deal. I will wait a whole 3 more seconds!
Yes, you got it. You can time a usual activity in between, like putting the gloves or helmet on after you turn the key, but before you start the engine. For me, it's getting on the bike - I first turn the key, listen for the pump priming, then I saddle up, bring the bike up-right, and start the motor. Any activity that takes 3 seconds will do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2015 Chieftain
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #564
scorpion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
Whoo hoo! Just installed the HIDs and, man, are they bright! Well worth the money, especially considering that Victory's offering is ~$450-$500. The installation took me all of 15 minutes including disassembly and assembly, nuts to bolts. Obviously, your mileage may vary as I'm an old hand under the XC fairing so there wasn't anything unfamiliar to me.

Huge ! Thanks CrossRoads!
Would you mind verifying something for me regarding the HID install on a Cross Country? Does the fairing need to come apart or just the removal of the 4 allen bolts that hold the headlamp in place? Does the ballast need to be zip tied or two way taped/velcroed or is there some other sort of attachment option?
scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #565
BThomas
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion6 View Post
Would you mind verifying something for me regarding the HID install on a Cross Country? Does the fairing need to come apart or just the removal of the 4 allen bolts that hold the headlamp in place? Does the ballast need to be zip tied or two way taped/velcroed or is there some other sort of attachment option?
Just remove the headlamp-that will give you plenty of room... I velcroed my ballast to the alum part that the instructions refer to... Very quick and painless install...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #566
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
Just remove the headlamp-that will give you plenty of room... I velcroed my ballast to the alum part that the instructions refer to... Very quick and painless install...

Yes, what this gentleman kindly suggested.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #567
scorpion6

I got the bulb installed the other evening. It really was simple once I confirmed all I needed to do was remove the headlamp assembly. The two top allen bolts were just spinning and spinning and not getting any looser, the bottom two had a completely different feel while removing. Once I had an allen wrench socket to use, it all came apart quickly and easily. The light is amazing. I'm sure I'll add the highbeam later in the year when I'm doing more riding after dark. Maybe I'll throw in an amp at the same time to better drive the 4 Kicker speakers I spent most of my free $500 on.
scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #568
Twinjock

Eventually got around to installing the high and low beam on my CrossRoads LE. Very simple, if you have the correct tools!

Had difficulty removing the bottom 2 fasteners/bots on the headlight, but eventually managed it by taking it very slowly.

I was surprised at how little space there is in the headlight bucket - it is filled with wires and connectors. Installing the bulbs was very easy, but getting the ballast and all the wires back into the bucket was a little more difficult.

Obvious improvement in the lighting quality at night, but the real bonus is the INCREASED visibility during day and night rides! Also love the buzzing noise coming from headlight bucket - not sure why, but I like it.

Thank to CrossRoads for an excellent product....

Current Wheels:
2012 CrossRoads LE

Previous Rides:
BMW K1200GT - SOLD
Yamaha RD400 - SOLD
Twinjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #569
Blowndodge

Last nite I was riding my XCT with the new HID bulbs and noticed everything was lit up on a 45 degree angle as well as straight ahead! Hope I don't get a ticket! I underestimated how much light I now have!

Russell Day Long Saddle.
7Jurock 14" tinted flip shield
Unplugged O2 sensors.
Stage one filter.
14" replacement ant.
Drag Specialties highway pegs.
Custom Pin-striping.
Blowndodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #570
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinjock View Post
Eventually got around to installing the high and low beam on my CrossRoads LE. Very simple, if you have the correct tools!

Had difficulty removing the bottom 2 fasteners/bots on the headlight, but eventually managed it by taking it very slowly.

I was surprised at how little space there is in the headlight bucket - it is filled with wires and connectors. Installing the bulbs was very easy, but getting the ballast and all the wires back into the bucket was a little more difficult.

Obvious improvement in the lighting quality at night, but the real bonus is the INCREASED visibility during day and night rides! Also love the buzzing noise coming from headlight bucket - not sure why, but I like it.

Thank to CrossRoads for an excellent product....
You're welcome. By the way, speaking of tools, all you need to open the headlight bucket is one of the hex keys that come with the bike. As far as the spagetti inside, it can always be better organized. Enjoy your new HID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge View Post
Last nite I was riding my XCT with the new HID bulbs and noticed everything was lit up on a 45 degree angle as well as straight ahead! Hope I don't get a ticket! I underestimated how much light I now have!
Yes, it's easy to adjust to more light. You won't get a ticket as long as your headlight's aimed properly, per owners' manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement