New XCT in Red - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
scorpion6

Default New XCT in Red

In one hour I'm leaving the office to pickup my 2013 XCT. Not just one but two Harley's are being traded in, a Street Glide and a Softail Deluxe. Wifey is going back to passenger status for now. A co-worker has an 05 8-Ball w/ only 6K miles he wants to sell. I may have to jump on that. I've already ordered the low beam HID from Crossroad, spent most of the $500 in free accessories on two pair of upgraded/Kicker speakers and the trunk bag. Probably spend the final $60 on some swag. The usual stage 1 upgrades are in the near future, just not sure which direction I want to go with the mufflers. I need to get more details on just how the shop I'm getting my bike from modifies the stock mufflers and at what cost. Otherwise, probably Witchdoctors or RPW but ultimately it'll come down to whatever is going to best match up wiht the eninge work I'll have done: Lloydz cams and timing gear. Need to speak with ole boy up in Iowa.
scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
retpd2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion6 View Post
In one hour I'm leaving the office to pickup my 2013 XCT. Not just one but two Harley's are being traded in, a Street Glide and a Softail Deluxe. Wifey is going back to passenger status for now. A co-worker has an 05 8-Ball w/ only 6K miles he wants to sell. I may have to jump on that. I've already ordered the low beam HID from Crossroad, spent most of the $500 in free accessories on two pair of upgraded/Kicker speakers and the trunk bag. Probably spend the final $60 on some swag. The usual stage 1 upgrades are in the near future, just not sure which direction I want to go with the mufflers. I need to get more details on just how the shop I'm getting my bike from modifies the stock mufflers and at what cost. Otherwise, probably Witchdoctors or RPW but ultimately it'll come down to whatever is going to best match up wiht the eninge work I'll have done: Lloydz cams and timing gear. Need to speak with ole boy up in Iowa.
Just picked my up in red the other day, dealer threw in a 5 year warranty at no extra charge, might be worth asking for that....
1972 Suzuki 750 water cooled
1973 Norton 850 Commando
1976 ish Yamaha 750 Virago
1999 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
1995 Harley Davidson Super Glide
2007 Honda ST 1300
(all of the above sold, unfortunately)
2013 Victory XC Blacked Out Red
...and a couple old airplanes in there too.
Owner, www.RVairspace.com
retpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
ridinman

Garage

Quote:
Congrats!
Where are you getting the new ride from?
2014 XCT
Lenexa, KS
ridinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
scorpion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by retpd2001 View Post
Just picked my up in red the other day, dealer threw in a 5 year warranty at no extra charge, might be worth asking for that....
With everything else considered, I'm happy with the three year warranty. Plus, once I do the cams, all bets are off. But thanks for the suggestion none the less.

Now get out there and get those "break in" miles racked up.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Exciting times! Congrats. Watch out for sore face muscles from excessive smiling. The rest of the journey should be pain free.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
scorpion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinman View Post
Congrats!
Where are you getting the new ride from?
Austins in Basehore.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
scorpion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Exciting times! Congrats. Watch out for sore face muscles from excessive smiling. The rest of the journey should be pain free.
Except for the wallet but then again, I spent over $4500 getting two Harley's set up.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
ridinman

Garage

If I could get out of work this afternoon, I'd join you for the initial ride, but I got too much piled on my desk.
2014 XCT
Lenexa, KS
ridinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
Blueline

Great choice. Beautiful bike. You're gonna love the ride home. Ride safe.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Congrats! I did something similar a few years ago and have not regretted it one bit. Be prepared to hear some smack from your HD riding friends though...
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement