Guard Dog Keyless security - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Marketplace > Motorcycle Parts For Sale / Wanted

Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #11
ChuglyXJ

Why did you stop using it? I'm on the fence for the concept of keyless ignition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Hatchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyChip78 View Post
The keyless security module is around $180. The keyless ignition is around $450. Both are made by Digital Guard Dawg. Perhaps some additional info from the OP would clear things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

You could have gotten one for $249 with the group buy on anoter forum. At least 40 of us were in on it.

Traded in a 2009 Harley Electraglide Classic
Hatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
You could have gotten one for $249 with the group buy on anoter forum. At least 40 of us were in on it.
I saw that and had thought about getting in myself but would prefer some type of plug & play option rather than splicing into the OEM wires. Someone on that thread was going to investigate and publish a way to do it plug & play. if they have accomplished it, I may be interested in picking up this one if it's the same thing at a discount since I missed out on the group buy. Do you know if anyone documented that P&P process?

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
Lostintexas

Default This might help

The "Security" module version needs the key to operate the bike. It has a proximity fob that must be within so many feet of the bike to allow it it start, but the ignition must be used, and sells for the $180 range.
The "Keyless" is exactly that. Have your fob, walk up, turn the kill switch for the bike to run and hit the starter. The fob activates all the ignition parts. This one sells for the $450 range.
I had one of the keyed versions, but it didn't meet my interpretation of a clean install, and certainly wasn't a 10-15 minute install on a Victory as per the advertiseing. That is fine, I never meet the time limits anyway.
I am sure the unit worked as they advertised and they are a top notch company to deal with, but it wasn't something I felt was right for me.
Guard dog has a lot of satisfied customers, and even though I chose not to use their product, I am one of them.

Cheers
Lostintexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
Bob C350

Hello, I sent you a PM.

I'd also like to know why you are selling the device.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
AZXCNESS

Yes it's just a fobe, no key required. I answered the PM and looks like it's sold. It's kind of cool, just walk up turn kill switch to run and fires up. It is plug and play except to add the overide switch. You don't have to install this but I would recomend in case fobe battery dies. Also Bob I will through in a badge that will cover ignition hole once key is removed. It is a ness logo but it's free
2011 XC NESS #254
AZXCNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
Ironhead
Premium Member

Will this work on a 2013 Victory Vision and do you have the installation instructions?

Damon
2013 Victory Vision
2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Yamaha V-Star Tour
Cunningham, Ky.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #18
Bob C350

I bought it but would be happy to sell it as I'm not going to use it. It's the old style fob that they no longer support and it does not light up when pressed.

I'm told it still works but I'm not going to find out.

I paid $150 but will take $50 if someone wants to give it a try. PO assures me that it works. According to the directions it works on the Vision as well.

Bob
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
conn-e-rot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C350 View Post
I bought it but would be happy to sell it as I'm not going to use it. It's the old style fob that they no longer support and it does not light up when pressed.

I'm told it still works but I'm not going to find out.

I paid $150 but will take $50 if someone wants to give it a try. PO assures me that it works. According to the directions it works on the Vision as well.

Bob
I'm interested in this please tell me more about it. Is it plug and play? Is it security and keyless ignition or just the security?
conn-e-rot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
Bob C350

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn-e-rot View Post
I'm interested in this please tell me more about it. Is it plug and play? Is it security and keyless ignition or just the security?
If you have read this entrie post then you know as much as I know about this unit.

Gaurd Dog's website has a lot of good info and installation instructions.

Last edited by Bob C350; 04-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Bob C350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement