New Member from AZ-- - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 12-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
AZXCNESS

Yes great sight with lots of good info and people. Just don't pay attention to the whiners .
2011 XC NESS #254
AZXCNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
jokerman

Arrow Welcome Jim

I am rubbing elbows with you over here in Peoria. I own both a Cross Country & a Vision. The Vision is superior when it comes to comfort but you do loose some storage space with the smaller trunk & saddlebags.
You might want to check out the new guy on the block, Victory Motorcycles of Scottsdale http://www.victorysdl.com/

They have both bikes available for rent. I would strongly suggest you try both for a day each & see which one is right for you. Yes, it is a bit of a ride to get there from Surprise, but well worth it if you ask me. The GM was formerly at Az Victory on Bell Rd & he is the "king" when it comes to customer service .

Good luck & welcome to the forum!

"THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY" General Douglas MacArthur
jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #13
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
Here's a question. I'm 6'3", 285lbs. I have seen a lot of King Pins, but I also like the Cross County and Cross Roads too. I want a big bike, easy to balance, fun to take on trips with my wife ext. Any advice on what bike to get? I do plan on taking a trip to AZ Vicoty. I watched a You Tube video about Victory vs Harley. I was impressed at how detailed the video was, and couldn't find a Harley response anywhere. I'm not knocking HD, they are old school and have earned all the fame and respect they get, but Victory seems to be the smart choice.
King Pins are great and the older ones are available for under $6k. I absolutely love riding mine. I have it set up as a solo rider though.

For two people I like the XC or XCT. For the money; the XCT is a better value if you plan on doing any touring and the trunk is quick release so it doesn't have to stay on all the time. The trunk does change the handling of the bike because its weight and its position behind the rear wheel.

If the XC is more than you want with the full fairing; the XR is an excellent machine. It may be the perfect fit for you depending on your style of riding with 2 up.

Jokerman has an XC turned XCT for sale that is loaded with good stuff and a steal for the price. Two tone white and silver for $16k I think.

Good luck and welcome.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
jokerman

Exclamation 2011 xc

Jokerman has an XC turned XCT for sale that is loaded with good stuff and a steal for the price. Two tone white and silver for $16k I think.

Thanks for the plug Bob. Actually, I am asking a lot less than that. Here is a link to my ad on this forum:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...859#post116859

Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
AZXCNESS

Yes Vic of Scottsdale rents. But AZ Vic demos for the day free and free is always better than paying. But either way at least it's not a RideNow store. But that's whats great about Victory, ride before you buy.
2011 XC NESS #254
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
AZXCNESS

Nice bike Joker, why selling? And Jim there is your bike grab it before it's gone
2011 XC NESS #254
Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
jokerman

Question demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZXCNESS View Post
Yes Vic of Scottsdale rents. But AZ Vic demos for the day free and free is always better than paying. But either way at least it's not a RideNow store. But that's whats great about Victory, ride before you buy.
A) I never heard of a full day demo...that's news to me

B) I hear you about Ride Now! Bought 2 jap bikes there in the past & never again. Kinda reminds me of a used car lot experience. Matter of fact, I call them "Ride Now, bend over later"!!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
jokerman

Smile going from XC to Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZXCNESS View Post
Nice bike Joker, why selling? And Jim there is your bike grab it before it's gone
I picked up a 2012 Vision a month ago. Funny story how it happened. I found my old buddy Dan over at Vic in Snottsdale & looked him up to check out the new store. After BS'ing for a while he throws me the keys to his Vision. After taking it for a ride, I am blown away with enthusiasm for a bike I can't stand looking at (spaceship styling not for me). A couple weeks later, I'm over there getting my XC serviced & the mechanic accidentally broke the fuel nipple when he took off the gas tank. This happens after 5pm & they are getting ready to close. Dan apologizes up & down & provides me with his Vision rental bike free for 3 days until the fuel pump comes in for my XC. On top of that, he throws in a free T shirt. When my XC was ready, he has his parts guy deliver the bike to me. Now that is what I call customer service!.
Anyway, I don't have room for both bikes in my stable. I will miss the styling & storage of the XC but for an old fart AARP member like me, the Vision is perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1012467.jpg (55.5 KB, 3 views)

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Sergio_Victory_SDL
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerman View Post
When my XC was ready, he has his parts guy deliver the bike to me. Now that is what I call customer service!
anytime wayne! AZ jim if your interested come down to Victory motorcycles of scottsdale. Yes we do offer rentals. book a rental in january and we'll give you 10% off the rental. If you have any questions or just wanna hang out and talk Victory's your more than welcome here at Victory of Scottsdale.

Victory Motorycles of Scottsdale
8420 E Butherus Drive
Scottsdale, Az 85260
Sergio@Victorysdl.com
Phone: 480-607-7070
Fax: 480-607-6970
www.victorysdl.com
Sergio_Victory_SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
Pckrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
Here's a question. I'm 6'3", 285lbs. I have seen a lot of King Pins, but I also like the Cross County and Cross Roads too. I want a big bike, easy to balance, fun to take on trips with my wife ext. Any advice on what bike to get? I do plan on taking a trip to AZ Vicoty. I watched a You Tube video about Victory vs Harley. I was impressed at how detailed the video was, and couldn't find a Harley response anywhere. I'm not knocking HD, they are old school and have earned all the fame and respect they get, but Victory seems to be the smart choice.
The only way you are gonna know for sure is take some out for demo rides. AZ Victory does it...so does Victory of Scottsdale. If it is your intention to ride two up, your choices narrow down to the various models of the cross country and perhaps the cross roads..... But like I said. you gotta ride them and then you will know which one is best for you....good luck
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement