Stupid Newbie Radio Question - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
retpd2001

Default Stupid Newbie Radio Question

Regarding radio presets, is there a way to go back and forth from one pre-set to another without having to go forward through all the presets to get back to a desired one? In other words, if I want to go from pre-set 1 to 2, it seems like I have to go all the way through preset 9 to get back to 1. This seems awkward and my owners manual does not cover it. Thanks in advance.
1972 Suzuki 750 water cooled
1973 Norton 850 Commando
1976 ish Yamaha 750 Virago
1999 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
1995 Harley Davidson Super Glide
2007 Honda ST 1300
(all of the above sold, unfortunately)
2013 Victory XC Blacked Out Red
...and a couple old airplanes in there too.
Owner, www.RVairspace.com
retpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
newoldrider

I'm not aware of any way to toggle back and forth between presets.
newoldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
TN Rider

Send a message via Skype™ to TN Rider
Default Quick Fix

Get the MP3 adapter wired into your saddlebag and never have to worry about listening to the radio again...
2011 Cross Country Ness Edition #175 - Stage 1 Flash, High Flow Air Filter, Centerfire Exhaust from Rolllin' Fast, Rider Backrest, Passenger Backrest w/ Luggage Rack, Chromed Passenger Floorboards, iPod adapter, Madstad brackets with stock shield, Hertz 6.5" speakers, Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 amplifier... (got more plans for it!)

2001 Suzuki Volusia (traded-in)- My first bike, Cobra exhaust, Mustang seat with rider backrest, quick release windshield, Passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
TN Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Rider View Post
Get the MP3 adapter wired into your saddlebag and never have to worry about listening to the radio again...
but you will have an even larger problem trying to organize your playlist. Stop bike, scroll through playlist...Go back to riding. At least with the scrolling radio controls you don't need to stop to change your playlist. You just have to push a few extra buttons.

PS - The one thing I DID (recently) find out is that you can add more and more pre sets. I was trying to reprogram one of the 1st pre sets and all it did was create a new ..additional pre set. I think I now have something like 12 or 14 pre sets. I guess I might (eventually) have to crack open the manual to figure out how to delete pre set #2 out of 12...LOL

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner

Last edited by ndabunka; 01-09-2013 at 08:54 PM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
TN Rider

You can scroll through songs using the radio controls.

I just make sure that all the songs on my playlist are ones that I like. Then I either keep it set to shuffle or play through by song title.
2011 Cross Country Ness Edition #175 - Stage 1 Flash, High Flow Air Filter, Centerfire Exhaust from Rolllin' Fast, Rider Backrest, Passenger Backrest w/ Luggage Rack, Chromed Passenger Floorboards, iPod adapter, Madstad brackets with stock shield, Hertz 6.5" speakers, Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 amplifier... (got more plans for it!)

2001 Suzuki Volusia (traded-in)- My first bike, Cobra exhaust, Mustang seat with rider backrest, quick release windshield, Passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Rider View Post
You can scroll through songs using the radio controls.

I just make sure that all the songs on my playlist are ones that I like. Then I either keep it set to shuffle or play through by song title.
Will that also work with an iPhone 4? I have never loaded songs onto mine but may do so if I can toggle through the playlist. Ideally, I would want the connection to the bike to be via bluetooth but would be willing to wire it in if necessary to test that feature.

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
TN Rider

I don't have an iPhone. But my wife just got one so I'll check it out when I get back home. I keep my old 8GB iPod Nano hooked up in the saddlebag.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
orbiker

I have the XCT and it has a iphone cord in the left lower glove box. I had an old iphone and it is plugged in all the time. If I want to listen to tunes, I just turn it on with the mode button. I have full control of what to play. On the radio display it shows what is playing.

Bluetooth would be nice for those that don't have that wire. I would like the bluetooth to connect to my droid phone (which is in my pocket). With my phone I could then be listening to Pandora.

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #9
tonygiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Ideally, I would want the connection to the bike to be via bluetooth but would be willing to wire it in if necessary to test that feature.
You're going to need to use the iPod connection kit if you want song info on the display and the ability to control your iDevice using the handlebar controls.
tonygiotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
ChuglyXJ

To get from a radio preset not #1 back to #1 just advance the station with the tune and then hit preset again, back to #1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement