Show off your bike luggage! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
TN Rider

Send a message via Skype™ to TN Rider
Default Show off your bike luggage!

I recently got a new Pelican Case for the luggage rack on my bike. I'm curious what others are using. The Pelican Case is the 1440 with no foam that I got to replace my leather bike luggage so I wouldn't have to deal with putting a rain cover over it whenever the weather turned. The two dry bags I picked up from a Bass Pro Shops years and years ago.

Make sure to attach photos!
2011 Cross Country Ness Edition #175 - Stage 1 Flash, High Flow Air Filter, Centerfire Exhaust from Rolllin' Fast, Rider Backrest, Passenger Backrest w/ Luggage Rack, Chromed Passenger Floorboards, iPod adapter, Madstad brackets with stock shield, Hertz 6.5" speakers, Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 amplifier... (got more plans for it!)

2001 Suzuki Volusia (traded-in)- My first bike, Cobra exhaust, Mustang seat with rider backrest, quick release windshield, Passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
TN Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
RICZ

On long trips, I'll use my Saddlemen S3500. I like it cuz the sides open like doors, providing excellent access. There's a movable shelf-divider, so I get one compartment and wife gets the other. Top roll is detachable, so if I don't need it, I can leave it home. Outside compartments provide easy access to things I want at stops along the ride, and then some. Not expensive, either. I paid less than $160, including shipping. Details at....

http://www.saddlemen.com/Products/K2...y-Bar-Bag.html
2010 Red XR. 2007 Red Chrysler 300C. Compliment the lines of your Cross bike with the best and cheapest license plate laydown bracket. Now even better. http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...highlight=ricz
Steady your Cross bike on your lift with this cheap device...
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...t=lift+adapter
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
TN Rider

RICZ, my old one is very similar to that one. What I didn't like about it were the zippers on the top roll bag broke, making that part useless. And it was very difficult to get the rain cover over the bag and the passenger backrest. I forgot to mention with the Pelican Case, I can strap it down so the top still opens while it's all strapped in. Just didn't bother for the return trip.
2011 Cross Country Ness Edition #175 - Stage 1 Flash, High Flow Air Filter, Centerfire Exhaust from Rolllin' Fast, Rider Backrest, Passenger Backrest w/ Luggage Rack, Chromed Passenger Floorboards, iPod adapter, Madstad brackets with stock shield, Hertz 6.5" speakers, Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 amplifier... (got more plans for it!)

2001 Suzuki Volusia (traded-in)- My first bike, Cobra exhaust, Mustang seat with rider backrest, quick release windshield, Passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
RICZ

Thanks for the heads up on the rain cover - good points, all. Going to pack a garbage bag to use when it rains. If I don't put it on me, it'll go over the bag. =)
2010 Red XR. 2007 Red Chrysler 300C. Compliment the lines of your Cross bike with the best and cheapest license plate laydown bracket. Now even better. http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...highlight=ricz
Steady your Cross bike on your lift with this cheap device...
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...t=lift+adapter
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
orbiker

I went sideways with my large bag on the rack on my old bike. It keeps the weight lower. On top of the large motorcycle duffle bag is a lightweight double down sleeping bag and the sleeping pads. All the bags are lined with a heavy duty garbage bags. The tent is on the front. We camp some of the time and motel the rest.

I see ratchet straps are being used to tie the load down. That's what I use too. Bungee cords can flex and or break.

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
TNXR

I have a kury grantour bag that I used quite often on my Suzuki M50 for many of the week long trips I took on it. Held just enough for 6 or 7 days for one person. I plan on getting a luggage rack for my sissy bar and combine that with the bags I should have plenty of room for 2 people's stuff for a week or more trip. Here is a pic of it on my M.
100611_572.jpg
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
gcubed

i use a T-Bags Dakota Bag most of the time, my wife and I can pack 3-5 days pretty easily in it (so a week with a saddlebag, the other saddlebag is usually the cover, some tools and coat layers). If we need some extra space, or we are out on a hot trip I have a t-bags roll bag on top of it for either extra gear or it has a liner and I use it as a cooler.

Last edited by gcubed; 01-14-2013 at 10:14 AM.
gcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
fishslapr

Default crotch rocket bagger?

stole this off a different site...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2_zpsa1538159.jpg (19.9 KB, 23 views)

2011 Crossroads
2003 Honda XR650L
fishslapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
TNXR

Just when you thought you've seen it all!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
TN Rider

Now that is awesome...I just wish I could read the exit sign and figure out where they are from...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement