PIAA Lights for my XC - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
retpd2001

Thanks Bill, I simply want to be see better, do little driving at night, so I will consider your motolights, looks like they are designed to fit right on your bike......
1972 Suzuki 750 water cooled
1973 Norton 850 Commando
1976 ish Yamaha 750 Virago
1999 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
1995 Harley Davidson Super Glide
2007 Honda ST 1300
(all of the above sold, unfortunately)
2013 Victory XC Blacked Out Red
...and a couple old airplanes in there too.
Owner, www.RVairspace.com
retpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
wspollack

- Re the Motolights, they're very well made, no plastic, etc., and the price (ouch?) reflects that. Those are Motolight caliper mounts with their lights ( http://www.motolight.com/motolight-lights ); they make different caliper brackets for different bikes, varying the size of the bolt holes and included bolts, while the light assembly is the same. Very good for conspicuity and road-shoulder lighting, as I mentioned, because of the wide beam (which also means not so good for lighting up down the road).

This particular set of Motolights is going on five or six years, now on its second bike; all I had to do was spend something like $30 to get the appropriate caliper mounts. You can see larger pics of this setup in my gallery. I also had a set of Motolights on my 1997 BMW R850R, but I sold those with that bike in 2000.

- If you're really almost exclusively interested in being seen, perhaps even better conspicuity might result from using the Photon Blasters, http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml . These have gotten good reviews in some BMW forums, are cheaper than Motolights, and may be more eye-catching (particularly in amber).

Lots of choices out there!

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
Blue12XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Here's a photo of CR's HID low beam and Clearwater LED's. Best combo in my opinion for day and night.
It looks like you've used the highway peg mounts for your lights, do you have highway pegs on as well? I could not tell from the picture. I was thinking about the same solution but I have pegs on and I'm wondering if I can do both. Thanks!
Previous: Two-tone 2004 V-Star 1100 Classic
Berne, Indiana
---------------------------------------------------
Blue12XC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #14
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Garage
No Hwy pegs mounted on my XC. The mounting bracket occupies both of the Hwy peg mounting points.

2014 Sonic Blue/Silver XCT
Lloydz VM1-DR Cams/ATS/Air Filter/.25 Turn/PCV/Vic BlkTip Tri-Ovals/Tuned by KMC Powersports: 111/112 CR's H/L HID Kit/Glenda LED's/Hyperlites/Stebel Air Horn/Vic Black Billet Floorboards/Primary&Cam Cover

2011 XC-Traded
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
steviej

I went with 2 sets of Denali Micros (1 set as fog lights and 1 set as driving lights) from Twisted Throttle.com wired to a Victory switch in the dashboard for the price of one set of PIAAs wired similarly.

Here is the thread posted earlier.

PIAAs are a very nice light as well, but as stated earlier, a little pricey.

steviej

Last edited by steviej; 01-21-2013 at 07:00 PM.
steviej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
wspollack

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviej View Post
I went with a 2 sets of Denali Micros (1 set as fog lights and 1 set as driving lights) from Twisted Trottle.com wired to a Victory switch in the dashboard for the price of one set of PIAAs wired similarly.

Here is the thread posted earlier.

PIAAs are a very nice light as well, but as stated earlier, a little pricey.

steviej
steviej: I guess I missed that earlier post of yours. Nice setup, looks like a good value for your money, and I found your thorough responses to questions useful.

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
dzwigu

Garage

i installed 2 pairs of that kinda of lamps one on crash bars one on forks using just different clamps. These are clamps for crash bars i used:http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kuryakyn...e56dbe&vxp=mtr
and these are lamps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motorcyc...c48ca2&vxp=mtr.
i run wires inside hard lowers up to headlamp and posi taped them to headlight wires...some pics of my "mods" and how bright are they...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0458.jpg (17.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0460.jpg (15.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0462.jpg (21.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0463.jpg (11.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0461.jpg (17.1 KB, 7 views)
dzwigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
retpd2001

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the input! I appreciate everyone's time.
1972 Suzuki 750 water cooled
1973 Norton 850 Commando
1976 ish Yamaha 750 Virago
1999 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
1995 Harley Davidson Super Glide
2007 Honda ST 1300
(all of the above sold, unfortunately)
2013 Victory XC Blacked Out Red
...and a couple old airplanes in there too.
Owner, www.RVairspace.com
retpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement