2012 Victory High-Ball Review - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Victory Motorcycle News

Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
administrator
Administrator

Default 2012 Victory High-Ball Review

Seizing a trend, if not leading it from the start, Victory Motorcycles now has more than one blacked-out motorcycle in its line-up. With the 8-Ball editions of its Vegas, Kingpin, Hammer and Vision, 2012 welcomes a white-walled wonder called the High-Ball.

Touting the same matte-black paint scheme and night-crawler good looks as the other 'Balls, this model reaches for a different audience with its signature high-rise handlebars and whitewall tires.

Stuffed inside the steel perimeter frame is the familiar air/oil-cooled Freedom 106-cubic-inch V-Twin, which in a recent test cranked out numbers that embarrass a Harley TC96. Measured at the rear wheel, Victory's mill cranked out 77.5 peak horsepower at 5250 rpm compared to Harley's low-60s hp peak. Torque, too, is substantial, twisting out 88.9 ft-lb at 4250 rpm. All attitude and lots of go-go juice.

We got our ride on this pub-crawler at the mother of all motorcycle rallies, Daytona Beach Bike Week, amidst the parading masses and turning heads. Being more in tune with the boulevard than the canyons, the High-Ball fits right in on Main street, and Florida isn't known for it's twisty roads anyhow. And the public took notice of the distinctive 'Ball.

More: 2012 Victory High-Ball Review on Motorcycle.com
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Sure wish I could afford to have one of these keeping my XC company in the garage. I'd have it set up very similar to the one in the picture above. Shotgun pipes w/stage 1. Great power to weight ratio and very good sound. The cheese wedge replacement looks good on this model. Kinda spendy but nice.

The turn signals would definitely need to be replaced or at least put some smoked lenses on them. Side reflectors would be off the first day. I guess I'm one of the few who like the stock headlight. I think it looks good and goes with the flow of the bike.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Henry

"bob" chop and mount that rear fender to the swingarm for the love of GOD!

Of coruse, I think this should be done to the Vegas as well...
Tri-Oval Exhaust + Llyodz Air Box + PC-V
Tubular Highway Bars + bag rails
Flash2Pass
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post

If I didn't ride 2 up 90% of the time, I'd do just that. Maybe after I'm able to get another bike.

www.smokeindustriesinc.com
brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
BanditSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post

And add a round headlight, springer front end and a mini sissy bar. The look would be complete.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
leighhannah

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT8 View Post
And add a round headlight, springer front end and a mini sissy bar. The look would be complete.
...then just add a springer seat, pound out the scallops in the tank and paint H-D on the side. Voila, Crossbones!

IMHO, the HB is a bike with its own attitude. It pays homage to the old-school while also flaunting modern technology and styling.
I grant you, there are a lot of things I'd like to do cosmetically to my HB. But then I worry I'd be changing things just because that's what is socially accepted as "old-school." I let Blackheart tell me what it should look like. I think that's what "old-school" is truely about.
Custom paint; tinted turn signals; Lloydz cams, timing gear, PCIII; Hot Vic 26" Windmill wheel, billet wedges, tips, pegs & covers; Focal IC-130 5.25" speakers, Arc Audio KS 125.2 BX2 AMP; Hot Tails custom seat...

2012 High Ball
Custom exhaust; high performance air filter; Hot Vic sissy bar, lowered 1.5" rear, .5" front; Witchdoctor 2" peg extensions & pegs, Hot Tails custom seat & passenger pad...
leighhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
Henry

For me, the HB should have a tigher fender. But, then I would only have it as a solo bike, never 2-up.

And for me, I can't stand spoke wheels. Yuck!
Tri-Oval Exhaust + Llyodz Air Box + PC-V
Tubular Highway Bars + bag rails
Flash2Pass
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
handies

You've done a great job here.
handies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement