Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Maryland let's ride!

10K views 83 replies 11 participants last post by  Goatlocker95 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I am thinking of setting a ride up. I wanted to gauge interest in it first. Here's a basic idea of what I had in mind. Meeting in Annapolis, Md area Sunday May 13, 2012 and riding scenic roads down to Solomons Island, Md. The ride would probably be a little over a hour and a half and around 60-70 miles after getting to Solomons Island having lunch and hanging out.

Let me know what you think. If those locations work for you, and if that date works for you. Thanks! thumb up

Here is the offical plan as of now 4/27/12:

May 12, 2012 we will meet at the Davidsonville,MD park and ride located right by rt.50 and rt.424 which is just south of Annapolis at 11:30am. We will roll out from there and head south riding scenic roads in the direction of Solomons Island, MD. The ride will cover at least 60 miles. The destination after arriving at Solomons Island will be the Tiki Bar. Please put gas in your bike before arriving. Thanks and look forward to it!

#4 ·
Sounds good! I am going to finalize the plans in the next 24 hours. Even if you are the only one who decides to go I still have a group of people who will do the ride who are not on this forum.

#21 ·
Looks like the weather is going to hold out to be a nice day still with a high of 80 and sunny. If anyone is unsure of the meetup spot please let me know and I can help give you directions. See everyone Saturday at 11:30!cheers

#29 ·
It was great meeting everyone. A great ride and a great day for it, learned alot of new roads. I would def be down for doing those roads again. As for those guys on the sportbikes I remember seeing them at the Tiki Bar , guess they got the attention they didn't get at the bar lol.

#25 ·
I had to go to Annapolis today to check on a part I ordered from Chesapeake Cycles but couldn't get there first thing in the morning. I probably could've called but it was a great reason for a ride thumb up

I did swing by the Tiki Bar just after 1 pm hoping to find someone to head back north but I didn't see a Victory in the parking lot so just headed out.

Hopefully I will be able to make the next get together.

I did have the opportunity to help out a Harley rider who had a flat tire. He wasn't from the area and was only a little over 3 miles from Tan's bike shop in North Beach. The owner was able to work him in and get him back on the road again. If you haven't been you might want to stop by http://www.tanscyclesparts.com/

Heading back south ~4 pm I couldn't believe how many policeman's ball tickets were being handed out; including a group of three crotch rockets on main street Prince Frederick.

#26 ·
I had to go to Annapolis today to check on a part I ordered from Chesapeake Cycles but couldn't get there first thing in the morning
If you live here, why do you deal with Chesapeake? Vic of SoMd is closer and trust me, Bernie is better to deal with.

I know Tans well.

If you were coming down the road at 4:00 you had to pass three Victorys going the other way... I went straight home from Tiki.

#27 · (Edited)
Long story but basically Bernie didn't want to deal with the V Star 1300 I had when I was first looking at buying a Victory. The whole ordeal didn't sit too well with me for a while. However, I have been to The Kustom shoppe a few times since then and normally buy my oil etc. from there.

Oh and I did see a few (my guess was 4/5) Victory riders together heading north. Figured it was probably this group heading back.

#28 ·
I second what HC said...absolute great ride. Lisa and I enjoyed meeting Jason and Darren and can't wait to do it again. We did just over 160 miles for the day; which was Lisa's longest ride ever; and I averaged 44 mpg two-up. I can't say enough about how well Vic's run when they are properly tuned.

I'm not sure if Jason saw the 3 crotch rocket guys pulled over in Prince Frederick whose bikes were going to be towed. They left the Tiki bar about 20 minutes before us and since they garnered the attention of more than one officer I can assume they were flying on route 4 North.

#31 ·
I just got my new CR LE last Tuesday and would love to do something like this. I live in St. Mary's and on Saturday morning rode up to the BW parkway to Elkridge, did a little riding with a buddy then headed over to Pasadena before heading back down the road via the 2/4 route you guys were on.

I'll keep checking this post in hopes of getting in on a group ride.

cheers

#35 ·
I'm bummed I didn't get to meet everyone! I have been in motor school for the past two weeks, and that weekend was after the first week. I decided to take a break from riding so that I'd be fresh for this week. Unfortunately I fell out of the class last night during the night timed courses, but I'll try again in 6 months. I appreciate the effort you made in putting this ride together, and I certainly be on the next one.

PS. Hammer I got my low profile oil drain pan, woohoo.

#36 ·
Good to hear you got that oil pan squared away. Let's start throwing out dates and ride routes for the next one since there is a interest. Sunday June 3rd, maybe something like a ride out to Gettysburg, PA.

Larry, thoughts on route?

#45 ·
We live very close together. V of SM is like 1/2 the distance away from us, so doesn't that make them more "local"? Yup, if you wanna drive all the way to Annapolis that's your choice.

I was in the neighborhood yesterday in my car and stopped into V of SM. I didn't need anything and had no reason to stop other than wanting to say hi to friends. My wife says, "Oh good! I have something for Melinda". That's the difference, right there. If I didn't own a Victory motorcycle I would still want to know them because they're good people. Not just a dealership... they build custom bikes, they race bikes, they LIVE bikes. My kinda folks.

Hey! Lets build a bike out of spare parts laying around the shop and go race it!

#44 ·
Is there anything to do in Salisbury on delmarva bike week like night life? We're heading down from pa this yr and we were planning on staying in ocean city but I was just looking and rooms are like $100 cheaper out Salisbury

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#51 ·
Yea Salisbury is roughly a 40 min ride out from Ocean City and there are so many bikes backed up on the bridge coming in it becomes over 1hr 15mins away. When the traffic backs up like that I go hit some balls at the batting cage before the OC bridge or do some go karts with the buddies. Also you will likely be way to drunk to attempt to ride your bike all the way back to Salisbury and deal with State Troopers. The action is always in OC during the bike week. An I would book soon if your thinking about going it's a popular weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.