What oil do you use - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Oil and Lube

Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
electgenguy

Mobil 1 4T 10W-40.
2004 Honda VTX 1300 C - Stage I, Barons Big Air Kit, Progressive Suspension, Vance and Hines Big Shots, Kuryakyn Grips, Chrome Chrome Chrome.

Location - Kansas
electgenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
cocheese72

Changed it today, had 2 gallons of Mobil Delvac 1300 15w-40 on hand so used it.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #33
Raybob47
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via ICQ to Raybob47 Send a message via Yahoo to Raybob47

Half 5/40 Rotella T6 and half 15/40 Rotella Dino. A NAPA gold filter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
rayvin57

Quote:
Originally Posted by electgenguy View Post
Mobil 1 4T 10W-40.
+1 on the Mobil1 4-T.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #35
Shock Happens

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPt View Post
Honestly I feel for the guy. On most forums, this one included, the search feature sucks at best. And since so many people are logged in almost all the time, odds are you'll get a good and correct answer sooner from a new post than digging through the dead archives. And I for one don't mind re-typing something I've said before to someone who hadn't previously seen it. We're here to share and to help. I think often times certain people and I've noticed a few of the same that always come to mind from my lurking around here are more than happy to jump in and rip someone's shit for not using the search feature.

If that's all you have to add then fine but say it politely and leave it open for others to respond with a possible helpful answer of their own. No need to be an internet tough guy.

/rant

Yes the search feature does suck! and what sucks just as much are all the smart ass remarks and Opinions that come along with a simple question.
I have to read through 95 freakin pages! of ass hats arguing over
what oil to use and telling everyone else their bike will burst into flames if they use a specific oil. If a new oil thread bothers you that much, DONT ANSWER! Im with the OP, all i really wanted to know is....What oil is everyone using...that, really tells the story...
Thank you very much
Ridin A 2011 Ness XC #117
Shock Happens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
vindex1963
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Happens View Post

Yes the search feature does suck! and what sucks just as much are all the smart ass remarks and Opinions that come along with a simple question.
I have to read through 95 freakin pages! of ass hats arguing over
what oil to use and telling everyone else their bike will burst into flames if they use a specific oil. If a new oil thread bothers you that much, DONT ANSWER! Im with the OP, all i really wanted to know is....What oil is everyone using...that, really tells the story...
Thank you very much

aaaaaaa you forgot something....what kind of oil do YOU use? oops.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
visionjohnny

I think you have to use oil that is formulated for your state.
When I cross state lines I change oil so I have what is designed for them
This oil change is mobil 1 last oil change was rotela next one will be harley oil or maybe bmw oil. Looking for a dealer to sell me drain oil for the furnace
Ss

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #38
ridealittle

i am using the vic oil and filter.... for now. and i am very interested in an ACTIVE forum on any subject. if i just wanted to search , i wouldn't even be on a forum, i would be on the web.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #39
vindex1963
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
i am using the vic oil and filter.... for now. and i am very interested in an ACTIVE forum on any subject. if i just wanted to search , i wouldn't even be on a forum, i would be on the web.
If it's an oil thread there is one constantly active. I love them myself, if you want to see people fall apart just read an oil thread and see how out of joint they get.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
HBJackson

Talking

I'm fairly new here myself, and have just 2,000 miles on my HighBall. So I have not yet done my own oil change.

But I can't believe arguments break out about oil. From the wide variety of weights and brands of oil used, apparently the stakes have never been lower.
Advertisement