Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

the good, the bad and hopefully not the ugly

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mikiep 
#1 ·
A month ago "red tag sales event" I traded my 05 Kingpin in on a 12 XC. i loved my pin but wanted a 6th gear and more storage. The weather has not been the best for riding. I put only 25 miles on the XC. Yesterday, I was going to move it in the shop and it won't shift into gear. It's like it is stuck in neutral. I guess I will be loading it on the trailer and hauling it back to the dealer. At least it is under warantee.

#3 ·
Well I never fussed about it but found the XC to be a little hard to shift when first got it, especially 3rd and 4th gear .. But after 1,000 miles couldn't believe the difference in how easier shifting became .. Hope yours is a simple fix, but even if not is what Warranty is for ..

#4 ·
I couldn't shift mine with the engine off when I first got it but now that I've got a 1000 miles on it I can shift between 1st and N with the motor off. It is also shifting better when riding, especially first to second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.