Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2007 jACKPOT WILL NOT SHIFT INTO SECOND GEAR? PLEASE HELP!!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  gibson 
#1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, I need your help! I purchased a 2007 vegas jackpot one year ago this month. It had 3000 miles on it when I purchased it and it has 7000 miles now. I noticed when I first bought it that it was hard to find neutral, but was told that it was normal for that year and model. Last week all of a sudden, it would not shift into second with my foot. I could reach down and force it into second with my hand. No problem with the rest of the gears. It even pulls good in second , no slippage in either gear. just can't shift from first to second? Please give me some options or personal experience on this.
Thank you for any HELP or ADVISE on what to do?

#7 ·
Hey, thanks for the info gibson. Sure hope it is simple. The bike only has 7000k . I'm second owner. First owner works in the parts dept. at the dealership i bought it from. Coastal Victory in Murrells Inlet, SC. good guys there but I'm VERY disappointed!!! Thinking about filing a complaint with Victory corp!! this bike has not been abused. Not even one burn out by me!! I had many dirt bikes in my life that I give HELL and never had a transmission problem. Lot less expensive bikes too!!
When was the last oil change?

#8 ·
Sure hope you are spot on! I'm hoping Coastal Victory has the right incite to the problem? Yesterday, they were talking about taking 10 hours just to drop the engine!! I'm no Victory mechanic, but I believe with the right tools at hand, I think I could have the darn bike laying on the floor in pieces in 10 hours!!! I'm going to hint at this for a suggestion but you know most times people don't like to hear other suggestions on how to spend YOUR MONEY!! I trust them but I'm just not sure they know what to look for? When they tell me they have been in business for 10 years and have never had this happen? I would be getting on the horn to Victory for so incite before taking the engine out. Thanks for your help and comments.
I too have been working on vics for 10 yrs and have seen this problem many times. I would never drop the motor until at least trying the ratchet first!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.