Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New member....

983 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TNXR 
#1 ·
and former XCT owner and constant luker keeping abreast of Victory as I may revisit the brand in the future.

#4 ·
Silent - Well.....with a checkered motorcycle career that started with a Bultaco 250 Pursang in 1971, a CB450 Honda in 1973, a BMW R75/5 in 1975, a 1975 BMW R90/S (still owned) a 1976(?) Superglide, a 1977 XLCR cafe racer, a 1977 BMW R100/RS (just sold recently), a 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 (still owned), a 2012 XCT (traded) and a new 2012 BMW R1200RT....I got to admit that I do like the boxer twins.

That said, I did enjoy my XCT for several thousand miles. It rode great, loved the fuel mapping, smooth and responsive. But living with the cruiser posture with legs out front while comfortable, was not always cool. I think this old got was, and is, set in his ways.

What was not comfortable was the heat from the rear cylinder for me. Simply not used to it. We all have different tolerances and mine was met. I see the new BMW GS's will be water cooled in the cumbustion area, I think HD is going that way also in the years to come. I will revisit the XCT/Victory if and when.

What I still find a head-scratcher from reading the boards is the saddlebag sealing. I hope Givi, Shad, Cocase and all the wild aluminum adventure bike luggage makers don't discover the secret to a great bag is shoddy sealing! They'd corner the market. Mine had the noted questionable sealing.

In hindsight I may have faired better with the Victory Vision heat wise.

Great thing about bikes and having the bike bug is trying different bikes. I hope to keep trying.

Best of the holidays to all.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#5 ·
Welcome! I am the most recent person to complain about the bags, really dissapointing especially hearing I am not the only one. I almost went the sport touring route but changed my mind when I seen the X bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.