Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Any reviews on the V-stream windshield?

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BBob 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Mine just came in today. I'm in the process of changing out the air filter, handlebars, and this shield, but it will be a day or two before I put the bike back on the road to try it out.

The shield looks good in person. I would have liked a bit of tint to it but did not see that as an option yet. Price of the shield is decent though and it's Lexan vs the cheaper stuff used elsewhere. I may take it down to a tint place and have them dark tint the lower half.

I really liked the stability around big rig trucks I got from the KW shields with a similar indented design. I'm hoping for the same result with this shield. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and let you know what I find.

#3 ·
BBob:

As I recall, you have several windshields, right? How tall is the National, compared to any others you've tried?

I ask because although I'm pretty satisfied with my KlockWerks Flare, for the pretty small price of the V-Stream, I'm thinking about giving it a shot in the Spring... but only provided it's a definite "look-over" windshield (for me, 5'9", 30" inseam).

#4 ·
Bill; there are 3 sizes on this shield so you can definitely find one to fit you. I am about the same size you are and got the tallest one which I think is 12.25". The same one referenced in this thread.

I generally buy 13" shields. That is the size that allows me to look over the shield but not by much so I am getting the maximum height before the top of the shield gets into my line of vision. A person's height is only half the equation though. I'm built symmetrically but others might have a longer torso and shorter inseam as you know since you mentioned it. I only mention this for the benefit of others who might read this.

I will come back and let you know what I find with this one but remember; I'm also using the Madstad brackets so it may skew things somewhat. I would try the shield without the brackets but then it would cause rub marks on the bottom of the shield where it fits between the fairing halves. Not that it would show that much but I don't want to do that with a new shield.

Great job on the XCT review you did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.