Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

fast idle is not working

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cjanicke 
#1 ·
The fast idle control is not working on the hammer premium. Is this a cable or a switch?. I know it should be covered by warranty, but I'm to far from dealer if it is an easy fix. Anybody got ideas to fix this? It won't start up very well in the cooler temps. 2007 hammer premium.

#5 ·
Cable adjuster is on the thrttle body under the tank. Have you had the housing apart for any reason before it started this? I know getting the cable and the plastic lever all back in place is a major pain in the a$$ and if its not right then the lever will not pull the throttle body open like normal. I would make sure that is all right before i pulled the tank to adjust it under there. Also wouldnt hurt to clean your throttle body out if you pull the tank. My 06 jackpot seems to get alittle hard starting every 3000 miles or so and its always due to alittle bit of black carbon build up on the bores and alittle on the butter fly flaps. Once i clean the throttle body i dont ever need the high idle lever she just fires right up super easy. Just alittle something to look into.

#7 ·
I haven't touched anything on the bike. I got it in September and it was still brand new so either something wasn't quite right from the beginning or something gummed up from sitting over the last 5 years. The lever hasn't worked since I have had it. Thanks for ideas. I will check the cable first. I will pack up and have it fixed under warranty if it is much more involved. I'm sure I could do it, but it might be a good time to take the wife shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.