Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review

45K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  KSxct 
#1 ·

Victory's Cross Country has left a positive impression on the motorcycle-buying public as well as the moto media in the past two years, earning Best Cruiser in our Best Of 2010 awards. For 2012 Victory has expanded the Cross Country into the Cross Country Tour.

Voluminous hard saddlebags, a robust fork-mounted fairing, class-leading power from Victory's Freedom 106/6 V-Twin, sure-footed and confidence-inspiring handling from a stout but lightweight cast-aluminum frame, generous-for-a-cruiser air-adjustable rear suspension travel and sharp, distinctive styling lines have all added up to a winning combination for Victory in the Cross Country.

We're not too surprised to hear of the success Victory is having with the groundbreaking Cross Country. We knew from our first trip with the CC in 2010 that it was, and still is, an impressive bagger. It offers a lot to the rider and leaves little to complain about.

Now, only a couple short years following the CC's introduction, Victory has elevated the Country's status to that of flagship model in the form of the new Cross Country Tour.

More: 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#30 ·
Upgrading to a CCT

I have an 06 Hammer Premium and I'm thinking about either adding the faring and bags to it or just making the jump to the CCT. I'm not sure if all the add-ons would increase or decrease the value of the Hammer. Any imput would be appreciated!!

#32 ·
Very nice ride. Enjoy the new bike. Black is the fastest,ha,ha.thumb up

#34 ·
Love my 2012 Cross Country Tour!

Is it the perfect bike? Probably not, but it sure is a great bike. Had mine for just over a year now and closing in on 18,000 miles. Have had only minor problems so far, all handled under warranty. First time was a charging problem where voltmeter hit 16 volts and the check engine light came on. The dealership replaced the stator and regulator. Second time was when the end of the clutch cable came off. It was the engine end of the cable, and again the dealership took care of me with a new cable. Since then, I have learned nearly all Vics have their clutch cables adjusted too tight.

Always looking for someone to ride with, if you are in or around KS, shoot me a message.

Ride safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.