Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

What is the best "mod" you have done to your Victory

19K views 92 replies 42 participants last post by  oldyaler 
#1 ·
Traded the Harley last week for a Kingpin. I have owned a lot of Hondas and 5 Harleys, but this is my first Vic. The great thing about this bike is also the worse thing about it. It looks so good that I don't see much to change on it. Power and pull are wonderful and the clean lines are priceless. 8 Ball so there is not chrome to add. (I love that I can clean this thing in minutes and not hours)

So that brings me to the question, "What did you change on your bike that you enjoy most?"cheers

#4 ·
I have a few things I plan to do that will likely be better IMO, but as right now, I have done the following to my XR:

Rebaffled mufflers, RFID keyless ignition, hardwired garage door opener, laydown plate, hidden airhorn, and different tips.

I'd say my favorite out of them all has wound up being the hardwired garage door opener as goofy as that may sound. It's wired right in to my turn signal switch so all I have to do is press and hold it for a second and down/up the door goes. 100% hidden, cheap and I use it twice every time I go out.

#6 ·
Rebaffled mufflers, RFID keyless ignition, hardwired garage door opener, laydown plate, hidden airhorn, and different tips.
QUOTE]

So is it possible to switch out the baffles in the stock pipes? I thought they were one piece and tamper proof. Where do you get different baffles?

#10 ·
I am also interested in the garage door mod as well, would come in handy.

#11 ·
Like everyone else, I changed the mufflers, air kit and added a fuel controller. Love the performance increase and sound. I also added a Utopia driver backrest that has the pouch on the back. I stuck my garage door opener in the pouch and just reach behind me to click it without opening the pouch. Works great and no wiring involved.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I have learned a lot very quickly. Witchdoctor has some cool stuff. Also how do I get intouch with Nascar6? Love the sound of his pipes! But I can't find a thing on him with Google except videos of his products.

Is there a link to a top box?

#14 ·
Nascar6 is a member on here. So just search for him.

In regards to the garage door opener, it's relatively simple. We had a couple of key fobs laying around the house that we previously had on our motorcycle key chains so I used them. I'll preface this with it's likely easier to just do the Flash to Pass system, though. lol

I opened the key fob and took a bit of wire to connect points to see what two would cycle the door. Once I had them, I marked them. I then removed the top of my headlight bucket and disconnected the clutch side wire harness as well as the switch box so that I could remove the whole thing. I ran two wires through the sheath. At the end where it connects in the headlight, I left enough length and soldered the two wires to the previously mentioned connection points. The other end that goes to the switch box is connected in two points. If you look at the switch assembly, you'll see a small screw in a copper piece. Back the screw out, wrap a wire end around it and tighten back down. Then push the switch in like you're cancelling a turn signal. I heated up a needle to push it through the white plastic so I could thread the other wire through and super glue it at the other side to stay in place. You want this hole right at the end of the switch when fully depressed. The point is to close the circuit of the opener. Works great and have had no problems. Took me about an hour or two to do it all.

#56 ·
In regards to the garage door opener, it's relatively simple. We had a couple of key fobs laying around the house that we previously had on our motorcycle key chains so I used them. I'll preface this with it's likely easier to just do the Flash to Pass system, though. lol

I opened the key fob and took a bit of wire to connect points to see what two would cycle the door. Once I had them, I marked them. I then removed the top of my headlight bucket and disconnected the clutch side wire harness as well as the switch box so that I could remove the whole thing. I ran two wires through the sheath. At the end where it connects in the headlight, I left enough length and soldered the two wires to the previously mentioned connection points. The other end that goes to the switch box is connected in two points. If you look at the switch assembly, you'll see a small screw in a copper piece. Back the screw out, wrap a wire end around it and tighten back down. Then push the switch in like you're cancelling a turn signal. I heated up a needle to push it through the white plastic so I could thread the other wire through and super glue it at the other side to stay in place. You want this hole right at the end of the switch when fully depressed. The point is to close the circuit of the opener. Works great and have had no problems. Took me about an hour or two to do it all.

just curious because I think I am over analyzing the situation within my head. I have tried multiple points on my opener and I have more that 2. Also is there a way to do this with a 2 channel transmitter? I have a gate opener and garage door opener.

#55 · (Edited)
Mega horses

I agree. How does one get to that stage and how big of a bank account do you need???????? 2012 XTC. and soon also, a 13 boardwalk.
Thanks
bcflyguy

#17 ·
Best mod for my KP was the torque tubes/cams and PC-V. Not only do you get the increase in HP & Torque but it just makes the bike run smoother and better, it even shifts different.

#18 ·
Havent bought a garage door opener YET but heres the link to the FTP widget a couple of my riding buddies have used should you not have a FOB laying around.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ss-Powersports-Garage-Door-Opener-System.aspx

Alot of Mods suggested, don't forget servicing too. Supposedly my bike had the forks serviced at 15K, I don't think they were (bought it at 22K.) Serviced the forks at 30K, looked like sewer water coming out and WOW! What a ride improvement as well as handling. Again, this is on my 04TC so different forks but I would think fork oil is fork oil of course depending on what type of roads you ride. Our highway around here is absolutely TERRIBLE with 60 mile daily round trip commutes, it takes its toll.

Safe riddin bud!

Tim

#19 ·
I would have said exhaust, but I bought my bike used and it came with the Cobra Tri-Pro.

The best mod that I did was to put the Ness modular drag bars on, I hated the stock riding position.

#22 ·
Best mod? Having heat added to the seat as it was getting shaped to my butt. That extended my riding season and my rides dramatically. Anything else I've done is second to that.

#23 ·
First thing i do to any bike or cage is add quality HID's.

#27 ·
Rollin has been know to get off the paved Road... lol... :ltr:

This is Rollins Vision during an IBA Extreme coast to coast heading up to Prudhoe Bay Alaska from Key West.

Attachments

#28 ·
Lots of good ideas. I can see where the blet guard can prevent some problems. I'll need a skid plate for the jack. I have discovered lowering the bars made a TON of difference in riding position. My hands don't go to sleep now.

Also installing my HID lights as we type (taking a break):crzy:

#37 ·
you can go the kewl 2"up 2"back risers too, cheaper than bars and you don't even have to remove the controls from the bars to install them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.