Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Ape Hangers for Cross Road

16K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BBob 
#1 ·
Any CR owners out there that have put ape hangers on the CR? Who else other then Arlen Ness offer ape hangers?

#2 ·
Yes, a few of us have. You have two ape styles from Ness, both in black or chrome, and also the Hard Ball apes, available only in flat black. Then there's the HMD's, which although are made for the XC, will fit the XR as well.

I've had the Hard Ball ones on my XR for a few months now, and I love them. I did change the front brake line, as it was in a stretched position, and was rubbing when the wheel was fully turned to the right.

#3 ·
If I recall, Will at CycleOps is able to make custom bars, might wanna give him a shout since he's a strong forum supporter, and you might get a great price. At the least, you could get them made how YOU want instead of off the rack.

It's not something that he advertises on his website, but he and I had once discussed a set of custom bars for my old Hammer, and he was talking about options I could look at, totally custom.

#6 ·
I put the Ness apes on my Cross Country. Here's a couple of photos:

As a note, I had to get the Ness cable extension kit too. I know it's not a Cross Roads, but you can get a good idea from these photos as to how it will look on your bike.
Thanks much for the photos. They are very helpful. I keep going back and forth between getting a XC or XR. Do I want a fairing full time and audio. Is the pricing diff worth it etc...I just sold my Jackpot to replace with a bagger

#7 ·
Why wouldn't a harley ape hanger work?
If you measure your center width and compair it to a harley bar I'll bet you could find some a hole lot cheaper

#8 ·
Why wouldn't a harley ape hanger work?...
Different riser spacing. HD's risers are three and a half inches center to center, while Victory risers are four and seven eights inches center to center.

#9 ·
There are a lot of options for apes, you can get them knurled for risers, or not knurled for custom fit. Look on ebay to see if there is a style you like. My opinion, standard old school apes wont look good on these bikes, need a little more modern look to them, the ones with the mitered corners I think look the best, more squared off looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.