Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro for XC/XR

220K views 1K replies 102 participants last post by  half_crazy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I read an article in Cycle World about the Cobra PowrPro tuner available for HD and some Metrics, and it seemed pretty promising. Similar to PCV + Autotune, except it performs all calculations on the fly and does not need a base map. It got a pretty good review by CW, and looks like possibly a cheaper and/or better setup than a PCV + Autotune. So I sent an email to Cobra USA:

Hello,
I recently read about the new Fi2000 PowrPro in CycleWorld and was very interested. I would like to add a controller like the PCV w/autotune but the cost is high and it is not an all-in-one solution like the PowerPro. Do you plan on releasing the Fi2000 PowrPro for Victory Cross Country / Cross Roads series of bikes?

Response from Cobra:
We are working on the Pro Tuners for the Victory motorcycles now and they should be available very soon. I do not have a release date at this time. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.

#3 ·
Soon is "very soon" as per their response.

Response from Cobra:
We are working on the Pro Tuners for the Victory motorcycles now and they should be available very soon. I do not have a release date at this time. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.
bryman, good find. Was there a mention on cost anywhere?

#4 ·
Good point. :) I should have said "How soon is very soon?"

I was wondering about cost too.

#5 ·
#8 ·
It might be hard to pass on proven VFCIII for under $300 and pay twice as much for this snake (Cobra) :nanana: ; but never say never.

#10 ·
I was pretty surprised how fast they got back to me, so hopefully very soon is very soon! ;)

I've come to the conclusion that I need a controller since my Stage 1 map + performance filter + loud baffle D&D's have been popping pretty badly since I got them. My friend's XCT is set up the same way and we can identically pop through the gears. First it didn't bother me much but now it is really starting to annoy me. Plus it probably scares the crap out of drivers around me too.

In the past I've had great experience with PCIIIs on other bikes and was thinking about adding a PCV w/ auto tune, but its so darn expensive. Hopefully this will be a less expensive option with similar results.

#12 ·
I considered one for my last tourer (Voyager) but already had a fi2000. Now that I have the Vic CC I am excited that they will make one for us. It doesnt get any simpler than this. Plug n Playthumb up.

I figured with my D&Ds and LLoyds new air filter assembly (yet be ordered) this should be a great all around pkg. Others I have spoken to that have used the PowerPro on their harleys, Suzuki109, report a clean crisp throttle response and very good accelleration. You can put this on a stock bike or any type of modded set up and it just knows what to do for optimum efficiency.

i'm just wondering if a 106 with a stage 1 map would need to be returned to stock. I will consult with Cobra and find out.:confused:

#111 ·
I thought I would reply on my question about the stage 1 set up with the powerpro. Cobra replied by e-mail and stated not a problem , you dont have to return to stock settings just plug in and run. Testing showed an additional 3-5 hp and a few ft lbs with noticeable difference in throttle response thru out the rpm range.

#16 ·
Cobra makes many different models of Tuners with Powerpro and Fi2000 in the model name. Many of these use O2 sensors, crank sensor taps, etc to perform their tuning, similar to a Dobeck or VFC unit. However, the latest one is the Powerpro CVT ! That is the one that does NOT use O2 sensors, performs 80 calculations per second and dynamically adjusts fuel. It's a set and forget unit. It's algorithm is supposed to adjust fuel for optimal performance, irrespective of air fuel ratios. The HD and metric guys seem to love it. I'm hoping that the response you got from Cobra was in regard to the Powerpro CVT, and not just the older Fi2000 Powerpro units !

#17 ·
Gunslinger,

I believe it will be using the CVT technology. In my original email I asked about something similar to the PCV+Autotune based on the Cycle World review I read, and they said it was in the works. I don't see why they would release it for HD and other metrics and not Victory.

#18 ·
I think it's a matter of volume... Cobra seems to do a lot of R&D for each model they support. I would think that once they do come out with a model for Victory, they should get a decent return on investment as the Freedom 106 has relatively little variation across the lineup.

I had the FI2000 Pro /CVT on my previous bike, and it performed really, really well... I'm sure I'll get one once they come out.

#19 ·
Sounds like a good set up. I like the fact you just plug it in and it sets it self. I like doing my own work,but I do not like spending hours with the computer to make a fuel program work correctly. If the price is descent I will order one. If it works as good as it sounds maybe we will get the best of both worlds, good performance and fuel mileage also.cheers

#20 ·
cobra

I had a 2000 on my Kaw and it popped and when I contacted cobra they said it was due to air getting into I believe the pipes they said and to go to their site and learn more. I have now gotten a xct with stage 1's on it and it is now starting to pop after 2K. Dont think I would waist my money putting one on my ictory.

#21 ·
I traded emails with Cobra yesterday asking if they were working on the CVT for Victory bikes, specifically the 2012 Cross country toutand here is what I got back:

yes we do. here is the part number for you 92-1053at. we hope to have these available very soon. I would get them on back order with your favorite dealer or mail order house.

#24 ·
Just a word of caution... I looked on the website you posted for the part, and it mentioned nothing about it being the "CVT" version of the PowerPro... there is a difference

#23 ·
Thanks for the link WJMCrossoads. I am going to order one of these. I have read a lot of online reviews on both Harley and Metric forums and it seems that the conclusion is that it works very well.

#29 ·
Just emailed her :D

#48 · (Edited)
Cool that's my birthday, I did do a little research on these and the page I found it seemed as though some were having connection problems, maybe a quality issue.

They sent him a new one supposedly, but it was a refurbished one and he wasn't happy.

Note: I didn't really have a chance to do alot of research so this might be an isolated issue I just happened upon.

I just e-mailed them to see if these issues were addressed.

#33 ·
Yes, I am finally tired of my D&D's (loud baffles) w/stage 1 and Vic performance air filter popping like crazy. This better fix it :D

Yes, they are back-ordered until 8/20, just ordered mine :D

#39 ·
BBob, just sent you a PM. I am just respecting the vendor. If Kate wants to list the price in thread she's welcome, but I'll let that be her choice. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.