Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

HID headlights - VictoryHID

225K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Travis P 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just ordered a set of High and Low beam HID's from VictoryHID.com Price seemed right and the warranty CERTAINLY seems right. Has anyone else gone with HID's? the searches I did didn't come up with much. When I get mine in I'll post my findings.

#2 ·
What temperature did you order?

Please post a followup on the install and performance, that price if very reasonbale compared to what Victory wants for their HID kit. I almost installed a HID kit on my previous bike, but sold it for the XC. I am more than pleased with the way the stock lights work and couldn't justify spending the $$ Vic wanted for theirs. Now I see this system and am interested again.

Hope you don't mind being the guinea pig on this I will keep watching the results :D

#3 ·
I went with the 12,000 Kelvin. I'm really partial to the Blue. Yeah the low and the high seemed the way to go. Why only have 1/2 the fun. And with a warranty like that? Heck I'm running them as much as I can!!!

Guinea Pig? No problem!!

Nah I've been selling off the old accessories from the Harley, Hell at this point I'll be buying the chrome bag rollover bars too!!! There's nothing left to buy for My new Mistress!

#4 ·
I installed both hi & low beam HIDs on my JP from VictoryHID.com. That site is run by a forum member here I believe. Absolutely no problems with the service or product. Big difference in light output...you're going to love 'em!

Rob

#5 ·
I really like mine. I got the 5000 K, high and low beam. Bought thru VictoryHID. It is ran by one of the guys on this board. Very good to deal with. thumb up

The bulbs are nice and bright, I get lots of comments from the people I ride with regularly.

The only "draw back" is now when we ride at night, I get put out front because I have the best light. If I am in the pack at night, I lay back a little to be nice to the rider in front of me.

#7 ·
I ordered 6K Kelvin Hi/Low kits and love them! Super bright and the look is perfect. My buddies won't ride in front of me at nite but I really stand out at nite to cagers.

#8 ·
WOW he has Great Customer Service!! I wound up changing to the 6K Kelvin hi/low kit too. He has crazy fast shipping. Between the install and the price it seemed to good to be true! But after hearing your guys reviews, I cant wait to get them.

Thanks All

#9 ·
A complete HID conversion kit for $59 ? Seriously? This is with ballast and HID bulb? What type of HID bulb is he selling? D1r D1s D2x, etc? Seems a little suspect that this is indeed a complete HID conversion kit.

#11 ·
Not sure where you're looking but my kits are $49.99 for single beam, and $79.99 for both low beam and high beam, and include slim, digital ballasts. I've taken it upon myself to make sure you get the right bulb that fits your bike. All you have to enter is the year and model of your Vic, and I make sure you get the bulb that fits your bike. Since I provide free shipping, it's in my best interest not to ship out the wrong size bulbs, not to mention that it's way easier from a customer stand point to enter the year and model of the bike than enter bulb sizes.

As far as this being too good to be true, I don't do this to get rich, but rather to help out my fellow riders get a good deal on a good quality product. I have a full time job doing something else, and the HID kits are more of a hobby.

#10 ·
Gunslinger: everything is included (ballast, HID bulb, wiring) and it's all plug & play. I don't know what type of HID bulbs they are, but if you send Crossroads a PM I'm sure he can answer for you.

#13 ·
At more than three times the light output of stock halogen bulbs, putting out less heat than the stock halogen bulbs, they are, in my opinion, very efficient. But, if you need bulbs that have the Victory logo on them, that's one area I cannot help.

And the complete HID system, by the way, is not offered by Victory. If you do fork the $500-ish for the factory HID kit, you only get the low beam upgraded - they do not offer high beam.

#16 · (Edited)
Do you have a complete kit for the Vision?
Sure do.

I only did the low beam and am completely happy with it. Really lights up the night. I never need to use my high beam unless I'm signaling someone.
Indeed, the low beam is plenty of light. The only time I find myself using the high beam is when riding around late afternoon hours, when sun gets ready to set. Ads extra visibility for the rest of the traffic. Other than that, you won't feel the need for the high beam, unless you're riding through deserted areas at night.

#23 ·
No additional wiring needed. As others have already mentioned, it's unplug the old bulb, plug in the new bulb and ballast. Here's what the install process entails.
Line Technology Parallel Electronics Auto part

There is enough room to fit two slim ballasts.

Saving the link and putting this on my wish list.
thumb up

I have an 05 Kingpin and had the headlight break a couple weeks ago.
The new headlight I bought is from an '08 Kingpin. The bulb in my '05 had Hid bulb and ballast fastened to the back of the light. The '08 has a halogen. I would have used the Hid setup but the '05 has a deflector that surrounds the HID and the '08 has no deflector. And the HID from the '05 has no coating on the end to diffuse the light. Do your bulbs have a coating on the end? And would I specify '05, or '08 since I have the 08 light?
How did the headlight break? :confused:

Different bulbs are manufactured differently. I don't run the theory of the bulb, so assume they're not dipped in chocolate nor coated in gold. :D If you want a reliable, bright HID kit for your bike, I can help. The rest is beyond my means.

Is that headlight off an 08 Kinping or an 08 Kingpin 8Ball? Basically you need to know the year and model of the headlight the bulb will end up in. If you don't know for sure, please do not order.

#20 ·
Wow! This is awesome.

I had installed a HID in my previous VTX for around $60 and loved it, but when I saw the price for the Vic HID I figured it was just never going to happen.

Saving the link and putting this on my wish list.

Thank you CrossRoads.

Cheers,
Randy

#21 ·
I have an 05 Kingpin and had the headlight break a couple weeks ago.
The new headlight I bought is from an '08 Kingpin. The bulb in my '05 had Hid bulb and ballast fastened to the back of the light. The '08 has a halogen. I would have used the Hid setup but the '05 has a deflector that surrounds the HID and the '08 has no deflector. And the HID from the '05 has no coating on the end to diffuse the light. Do your bulbs have a coating on the end? And would I specify '05, or '08 since I have the 08 light?

#25 ·
Maybe I should raise the price so you can all stop complaining. :ltr:

There are cheap HID ballasts and there are good ones. These do not give any interference with your radio. I wouldn't be doing this if they weren't top notch. :cool:

#26 ·
Man Crossroads you sure are taking time for us " brothers of the Cross" !

Thanks for bringing us a great product and everything you do! thumb up cheers

#28 ·
When I first joined this forum, I was dreaming about a Victory in my garage, but knew little to nothing about the brand. I've learned a lot here, be it from my silly questions or someone else's. So it really is my pleasure to give something back.
I have an 08 Jackpot Premium with the HID low beam and halogen high beam. Can I upgrade the high beam to HID?
Yes, you may. I suggest 5,000 Kalvin bulb temperature in order to be close the stock color (I believe stock is somewhere around 4,300 Kalvin). I also carry 4,500 Kalvin, which might be the best color match, but it has a tad less visible light than the 5,000 K.

A 6,000 Kalvin will make the stock HID look yellow, as the 6,000 K has a blue tint to it.

#30 ·
I got these from VictoryHID aka CR. I went with the 7k color and I am so happy that I did. My first concern was that I would blind oncoming drivers but after a few weeks and nights of riding I have only had 1 car flash at me. The visibility gained with these lights is phenomenal. The pattern of light is greatly increased and I would say that these are a must have especially for those of you who live where animals on the side of the road at night are a concern.

I will post the before and after shots in the garage. I did not take a picture of the hi-beams on.

#32 ·
WOW!! thumb up thanks for the pics

This post has been deleted
#37 · (Edited)
Funny to me that a guy selling HID's has the bulb unit measure of color temperature wrong. It is Kelvin, not Kalvin as he lists on his site.
Well, that's down right embarrassing on my end. I've been typing it as "Kalvin" all along, and never realized I was misspelling it. Thank you for pointing it out - I have gone ahead and fixed it on the website. :eek:

I have purchased many HID kits and you can but a kit for a car with two bulbs with slim ballasts for under $40 shipped. I have had great luck with the Xentec brand. The best color temperatures, the ones that provide the most light are 4300K and 5000K. The higher in temperature you get the more the lighting degrades. It may look cool with the purple or blue hue but it doesn't provide as much light. Most cars that come equipped with HID's are 4300k or 5000k. You could buy two car kits on EBAY and have two spare bulbs and ballasts for less than what you pay the VictoryHID guy. The are also relatively simple to install. Everyone is trying to make a buck but in this economy everyone is also trying to save a buck.
As far as the prices subject goes, you can buy cheaper HID kits - I have never said "lowest price guaranteed" or anything to that nature. But keep in mind that a lot of HID kits are not water proof, do not have proper insulation, and/or are not digital, or have only digital output, but analog input. Even the ones that are fully digital and/or water proof, they're not all of the same quality. And even the ones of the same quality are sometimes being sold by some poor guy in China or India, who won't be there to accept returns or deal with warranty problems (if any) down the road. For me, this is a hobby where I end up breaking even at the end of the day, and that's how I'm committed to keep it. My feelings don't get hurt if you buy elsewhere. My feelings only get hurt if I go out of my way to help out and in the process I end up letting you down. thumb up

#33 · (Edited)
Tomayto tomoto doesnt much matter to me. I Prefer to spend my cash with people that educate and have quality / easy installation products. Seems to me being a super moderator AND being humble speaks VOLUMES to me and many others. I'm the first to check eBay and Amazon. My eBay rating it 100% and over 800 transactions. I have many of them burns to me, with less than quality items and outright fakes. Again I prefer to support those who do good for others.

I've only been here a short time but from what I have seen Crossroads is well deserving of my $ hands down. thumb up

#34 ·
+1 thumb up

I prefer to support Forum members first especially those that are helpful people. The fact that the product Crossroads is tried and proven by several members here is worth a little extra money. But also IMHO the price he is charging is extremely reasonable for a Bike kit. On the VTX forum I am a member, we are all going nuts for the DDM kits that work in the Honda's, and they are not plug and play like this one and cost about $20 more. So from my perspective XRoads is treating us more than fair here. Its a free country, if you choose to adapt a car kit to work on yer scoot, more power to you and kudos to you for having the ability to do so. I am an electrical engineer and could easily do it also, but I like things simple so as soon as Im done replying here, I will be ordering my kit from his site. I would rather be riding my bike than tinkering on it to save a few bucks.

#35 ·
+2 thumb up

#39 ·
Crossroads

Sounds like a great product why wouldn't everybody buy a set. Next question I live in Ontario Canada with lots of deer and moose at night. Do you ship here???

2011 Blue XC with hard lowers.

#40 ·
#42 ·
If you have a Harley in the garage (or any other non-Victory vehicle that uses headlights) chances are I can get you the right bulb. However, since I do not stock bulb types for every application, there might be a delay of a day or two before the order ships if you want something non-Victory. Send me a PM (or contact through the website) with the year, make, model, of what you want, and I will look into it. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.