Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

HID headlights - VictoryHID

225K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Travis P 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just ordered a set of High and Low beam HID's from VictoryHID.com Price seemed right and the warranty CERTAINLY seems right. Has anyone else gone with HID's? the searches I did didn't come up with much. When I get mine in I'll post my findings.

#120 · (Edited)
CrossRoads thanks for doing this I ordered your kit on my iPhone right after signing the papers for my new bike (like I was still in the show room) the tec hadent even finshed the set up. Got some night rides before I install these just so I know how much better I have it over the stock lights. Can't wait to get these on this weekend.

#123 ·
CrossRoads thanks for doing this I ordered your kit on my iPhone right after singing the papers for my new bike (like I was still in the show room) the tec hadent even finshed the set up. Got some night rides before I install these just so I know how much better I have it over the stock lights. Can't wait to get these on this weekend.
Nice. thumb up

Ordered mine tonight, sometimes I get off work at 2 am and have a 15 mile ride through deer infested roads so Im excited to blast both beams at those buggers from here on out. I have the old school round light, any tips on installation?
Round headlight bucket will fit up to two slim ballasts. You're not the first one to upgrade to HID's with round bucket, so you will be fine. As far as tips, please see the DIY Installation section for general notes. If you have any questions, contact me or post here.

got them yesterday and installed them today. I envy you cross country riders on this one. It took me 45 seconds to remove the old bulbs, put the new ones in and hook them up to test. It took me 30 minutes to find an area to put the hi/lo ballasts and still have enough room for everything to go back in.
There's a forum member here who has four ballasts in the headlight bucket - he's installed two for the XR light bar as well. Did you have anything else installed in the headlight bucket?

Yeah Buddy CR's Kit is second to none!! thumb up
Thank you for the positive feedback. Enjoy! cheers

#121 ·
I bought and installed your HID for high beam on my 2012 XCT which already had factory HID on low beam. I have a recurring problem and I'm not the only one who has had this problem. My radio will turn completely off and back on when flipping switch to high beam, happens approximately once out of every 10 times I turn on high beams. What is causing this?

I have moved the ballast and ignitor to different places inside the fairing, disconnected and checked plugs on radio and HID, but haven't solved the problem. When flipping to high beam, the radio will make a sound buzz, then turn off and reboot. It doesn't affect GPS. Anything you suggest? What else should I look at or try to stop high beam HID from rebooting my radio?

LOW beam factory HID is very bright, adding HIGH beam HID creates a huge lit up area. I have to flip back and forth between the two at night and it is irritating having my radio buzz and reboot.

#122 ·
I bought and installed your HID for high beam on my 2012 XCT which already had factory HID on low beam. I have a recurring problem and I'm not the only one who has had this problem. My radio will turn completely off and back on when flipping switch to high beam, happens approximately once out of every 10 times I turn on high beams. What is causing this?
Sounds like your battery is barely able to provide enough current, given the stereo's thirst for power. The one out of ten times when it happens, the battery's a little lower on available current, and the stereo reboots.

I have moved the ballast and ignitor to different places inside the fairing, disconnected and checked plugs on radio and HID, but haven't solved the problem. When flipping to high beam, the radio will make a sound buzz, then turn off and reboot. It doesn't affect GPS. Anything you suggest? What else should I look at or try to stop high beam HID from rebooting my radio?
It's not the location of the ballast nor the connections.

Here are a few suggestions for you to chose from:
1.) Return the kit and get a refund.
2.) Upgrade the stock battery to a more powerful unit.
3.) Live with it and/or don't listen to music at night.

LOW beam factory HID is very bright, adding HIGH beam HID creates a huge lit up area. I have to flip back and forth between the two at night and it is irritating having my radio buzz and reboot.
Well, nobody's complained that they're not bright enough, and frankly I don't see how anybody could give them up and go back to OEM halogens. Wish I had a more elegant solution for you, but that naughty stereo sure likes a lot of juice. :rolleyes:

#126 ·
#127 ·
If I order the high beam kit to go with my low beam kit on my Jackpot will there be room in the headlight bucket to put the ballast?

#128 ·
Yes, there is enough room.

Like the HID high beam too much to go back to just factory low beam HID.

So available voltage/amps is the culprit that causes radio to turn off for a split moment when high beam is flicked on, which only happens about 1 out 10 times high beam is switched on. Well, I might up grade my battery with one of these http://www.directharleyparts.com/electrical-ignition-batteries-ballistic-c-28_133_1485.html?osCsid=e75122dff75edc4b674c3fa637daff99 over half the size and very light weight.
As long as they maintain the charge better then the stock battery, that should do the trick. I was considering one of those as well, not because I need one, but because the stock batteries on our bikes don't seem to be of the highest quality. A few fellow forum members have had battery problems even though the bikes are relatively new.

#130 ·
#131 ·
Got them installed CR thanks for that super fast shipping, one of the tangs on the high beam bulb broke due to a super tight fit, it's high beam so its not crucial but I'll watch it. That's a lot of wires to cram onto the bucket for sure. I love them though, well worth it!

#132 ·
Recieved my HID kit yesterday & installed them last night. Amazing the difference!! It was easy to install (hardest part was putting all the wires back in headlight bucket!) If anyone is considering buying a HID kit for their bike I highly recommend CR!! (Victory HID) Super fast shipping and top quality! Thanks again CR!!thumb up

#133 ·
Mine came in a week ago, two days after I ordered them. Very quick shipment indeed. Haven't installed them yet. My '06 Tacoma needed front brakes this past weekend and when I took them apart I found a seized caliper too, which necessitated my time. It's been too nice since to not do anything but ride. This weekend they're going in. I'll report back when complete.

#136 ·
Just want to pipe in with a comment. Love my HID (just went with the low beam) but I needed an education from CrossRoads. Jumped on my XC a week or two ago, started her up...NO LIGHT! Had to ride home on the bright. Well...I guess I was suppose to wait a second for the HID to power up before I pushed the starter button. If I understood you right CrossRoads, the HID is smarter than I am :rolleyes: and cut itself off when I quick started the bike. Lesson learned and no problem since. Thinkin I might want that high beam too...thumb up

#137 ·
Yes, the HIDs ignite for about 5-6 seconds once you turn the key in the ignition. During ignition they use 6amps compared to their usual consumption of only 3.4amps. The starters on our bikes want a lot of current, so if you push the starter button within those 5 seconds, the additional draw is detected, and the kit abandons igniting in favor of the starter, and the light turns off.

The solution is to allow 5-6 seconds between the moment you've turned the key in to the moment you've hit the starter. Priming the fuel pump already takes about 3 seconds, so you're half way there - give it 3 more seconds, and you'll be fine. In my case, I put the key in before my gloves. No matter what rush I am in, by the time the gloves are on, I can safely start. To me, this serves as a good reminder to get the key out of my pocket and turned in the ignition before my gloves go on. cheers

#139 ·
Check your connections and make sure they're making good contact.

#140 ·
Got my high beam installed on Sundayto match my stock low beam on my Jackpot Premium. BRIGHT!!!
I think I got a 6000K instead of 5000K tho, it has a slight tint of blue to it. It's cool,tho, I prefer the blue tint.
Super easy to install too.

#143 ·
when on low beam is the top light on or the bottom light on?
The low beam bulb is the top one. So, does that mean the high beam is the bottom one? I'm heading for the garage to check that out after I have another cool one. :ltr:cheers

#142 ·
I just went out and checked mine, as I just did the HID install couple days ago myself. On low the light on top is on. Hopefully I put it back together correctly as well. Big thanks thumb up goes out to Crossroads for the quick shipping and the install was straight forward and I have no problems with anything at this time.

Thanks
Digger890

#145 · (Edited)
Just to be clear:
The Top bulb is the low-beam and
The Bottom bulb is the high-beam!

The kit worked fine. My only complaint is that it all ended up being way too bulky for me. I have Flash2Pass, GuardDog, and Amp+Speaker wiring already in the headlight bucket. So, I had to give up my HID kit. And, ripped them back out.

I could have mounted the ballisitas outside, but I didn't want to look at them. It's my understanding that the Victory HID Kit, the ballistas mount under the seat. But, at thier prices, it will not happen anytime for me. Heck, my wife doesn't let me out after dark anyways! :D

#162 ·
HID help

I have installed CR's HID low and high kit. I am having trouble installing bulbs. There are 3 tabs on the bulbs that you push into the headlight enclosure also with 3 matching slits. I cannot seem to figure out which tabs line up with which slits. Should the blue igniter wire in the bulb be in the 12 o'clock position or does it matter. The bulb tabs do not appear to lock in as good as they should be.
Any help would be appreciated. T

The lights are awesome though.

#163 ·
I have installed CR's HID low and high kit. I am having trouble installing bulbs. There are 3 tabs on the bulbs that you push into the headlight enclosure also with 3 matching slits. I cannot seem to figure out which tabs line up with which slits. Should the blue igniter wire in the bulb be in the 12 o'clock position or does it matter. The bulb tabs do not appear to lock in as good as they should be.
Any help would be appreciated. T

The lights are awesome though.
I had the exact same problem and broke the tabs after trying over and over to make the low beam fit. The high beam worked fine. I spoke with CR and am basically S.O.L.

#165 ·
operator error

CR

Your last post about the square tabs etc got me thinking so I took apart my headlight again. I was very never happy the way the tabs set in, they were never as far over as I thought they should be. On the back of the HID bulbs there is a red rubber washer and a clear plastic spacer. I decided to take of the plastic spacer and then try to put in the bulb with just the red rubber washer and Voila they snapped in like they should. As you have a CR and I have a CC I can tell you that in this case the low is at 3 o'clock and the high at 9. Thanks for the great support.

#167 ·
... On the back of the HID bulbs there is a red rubber washer and a clear plastic spacer. I decided to take of the plastic spacer and then try to put in the bulb with just the red rubber washer and Voila they snapped in like they should...
Yes, anything that's clear plastic is there to protect the bulb during shipment and should not be part of the installation. Depending on the type of bulb your model uses, you might have a clear plastic ring in there, which provides support to keep the bulb vertical and tight in its plastic casing during shipping. Remove all clear plastic packaging before installing. ;)

#166 ·
Here's a big cheers for CrossRoads for an incredible price, insanely fast shipping, easy install and beautiful product. I ordered the 6000 K hi/low beam set last week and installed them yesterday, they look amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.