Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

bike won't start

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Pop 
#1 · (Edited)
So I washed my bike and now my bike won't start. Any idea's?

New bike with 100 miles on it.

Headlight works and when i first turn key in ignition the panel does light up however only sometimes and then all lighting goes out except headlights.

I would think that if the battery is dead then three headlamp would not still be working. Am i wrong?

#6 ·
Thanks all.

So I let it dry over night and checked all cables etc... Everything is tight and bike is dry. Still wont start..

I am now seeing a lo 6.1 and then it changed to 6.0

This comes on after the normal display of lo oil indication.

The weird thing is the display lights come on initially for just a second and then go off. I only am able to see the lo oil display and now the lo 6.0 deal.

This really blows as I was supposed to lead our group in toys for tots in an hour.... :(

#7 ·
Loose

I too had a problem with my bike not starting,but it happened around 500 miles,just in time for the first service. I charged the battery and got it to start. Took it in to the shop for service and to have it checked out. I swore the battery was probably junk. They found the connections loose not at the battery itself,but the solenoid or starter. They tightened them up and it has been fine for 7000 miles. Point being , check all the connections and you might not have to take it to the dealer. If everything is tight and it will not jump start even,maybe they will pick it up for you. They should with only 100 miles on it.thumb up

#9 ·
Well after 2 days of bike drying etc.... i checked cables and what not and all were good. So..... i purchased a new battery and bike fired right up and a rode another 100 miles and everything seems okay. Thanks all for the info. If bike doesn't hold charge for tomorrow then I know something must be wrong with starter. But lets hope all is well.

#10 ·
Did you have the original battery tested before the swap? Just saying that sometimes, as has been noted, it's connection issues. Replacing the battery can be a scorched earth way of checking those connections.

Thread hijack alert.

Riders may have some reservations about water all up in their rides but motorcycles are engineered and built to operate in wet.
Choosing to not use hose water has merit from a cosmetic perspective, water spots, calcium rings and whatnot. Hitting baby square on the metal flake with a 65 psi stream of water may be a source of scrotal retraction after you threw a pile of thousand dollar bills at Victory but both the paint, the electronics and all the other geegaws were designed to take it. I don't use the high pressure nozzle either but the bike is prepared to.
If putting a hose to your motorcycle results in it not operating, you have an issue that needs resolving since water from a hose in your driveway is not any more or less wet than rain on the superslab at 75 mph, a much less convenient time to find out you are dead in the water so to speak.
I haven't yet (brought the new bike to Colorado in October) but will next spring flood my controls, wiring and the basic machine under a constant flow of hose water. One bit at a time, then hit the button. Does she fire up? Does she run constant? Any gremlins in lighting or accessories? OK, dry it off and hose down the next bit. Good? Next. Rinse and repeat. You get an education that could be the dif between a wet ass on a long ride and the red ass sitting in a downpour waiting for the hook.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.