Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New XC National Cycle VStream Windshield

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SteveYacht 
#1 ·
This caught my eye because I hadn't heard of these yet. A less expensive alternative to the Klockwerks shield through Victory. It's really too short for me but maybe they will come out with taller ones in time and they are not limited by contract to Victory. I'm sure an email to them asking if they plan on coming out with taller versions would help. I really liked the KW shield I had on mine until it started cracking (and it was too short for me). The biggest benefit was how stable it was around big rig trucks which normally cause some shaking but was as solid as a rock with the KW shield. I'm assuming it would be the same with these.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/n....com&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=NP121129-2

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm excited about this product because it is a Lexan/Polycarbonate which means its more scratch resistant and you can use RainX on it.

Unfortunately, and like you Bob... I wanted the TALL version of this which would be an additional 5 inches taller. Heck... I'd even take only 3" taller.

Wally

#4 ·
The idea behind the V-streams is to part the turbulent air so that you don't need a tall windscreen to keep your head from being batted around. Looking through a windscreen is fine on a clear day with a clean screen, but it sucks eggs when its dirty and/or pouring down rain.

#5 ·
Wally is right SB. A 13" shield is low enough for most people to look over it so an 11" shield would probably work for those wearing helmets or using the Madstad brackets so it could be adjusted to the correct height as long as it didn't let air under it.

Shoot them an email asking for an XR shield. If enough folks ask for them; they will make them.

#7 ·
That's badass. I now have four screens for my XC. I don't need another one, do I?

:ltr:

#11 ·
With this, your windshield can be raised up a bit and gets rid of the wind turbulence behind the shield.

Madstad quick-adjust windshield brackets

I have a Klockworks windshield and works great. You can tip it. Raise or lower too.

#12 ·
With this, your windshield can be raised up a bit and gets rid of the wind turbulence behind the shield.

Madstad quick-adjust windshield brackets

I have a Klockworks windshield and works great. You can tip it. Raise or lower too.
Thanks mate. I already have them and think they are the cat's meow... so to speak.

A lot of people think they look a little nerdy or wonky but I love the functionality and the looks are much better than the original design which I also bought. I'm hoping to find a use for the original hardware somewhere but you know how that stuff goes.

I absolutely love being able to adjust the windshield up or down as I ride down the road. No need to stop. Just reach up and loosen the two knobs and either push it forward or pull it back to change both the angle and the height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.