Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

check out these lights :)

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  45caldan 
#1 ·
Got these Show Chrome bullet lights from Motorcycle superstore for $53 each. I am using the factory Victory light bar brackets. I never liked the way the old school factory driving lights looked. These look like they where MADE for Vics!

Anyone wanna buy my old driving lights WITHOUT the brackets ;)

See less See more
#7 ·
Ditto.

I question the mounting on the brackets though. It looks to me like the friction between the light mounts and bracket supplied by the bolt is the only thing that keeps them from rotating around the bolt. I'd be a little worried they might start moving around after a few good jolts.

I'd be interested to hear your experience after a few thousand miles with them.

#5 ·
They do look great. thumb up

#6 ·
thanks!!! :)

#8 ·
No worries.
The supplied bolt with these lights has a anti back out nut (with nylon inbeded in it). I do not see any problems with it becoming loose at all! :)

#10 ·
I should have mentioned they are WAY brighter than the factory lights!
50w Halogen bulbs! thumb up

#11 ·
Ever since switching to HIDs I have had more cars/trucks pull over and let me pass (when doing the speed limit) and this is on low beam....

they do look nice on your vic...but from a pure function stand point the hid's are amazing

#12 ·
45caldan: your set-up looks effective. Nice job! I applaud anyone making an effort to improve their visibility/safety on their ride. We are invisible to most of the cagers out there, so we need a fighting chance to win the battle on the road.

I decided on the clearwater LED's for my XC and they have been worth every penny. Like 9SF, I've had a number of four-wheelers move over and let me pass, during the day. I have the dimmer control rotated to the max-level during the day. I had a woman wave me over at a stop sign, she said, "I can't drive with you back there with those lights." I told her I have extra lighting to keep me visible during the day. She said, Yeah, I know, be careful. Before I installed CR's low-beam HID bulb, I always rode with the high-beam, but now I don't need to.

When I commute to work in the early morning, I've had a few cagers flash their high-beams at me. It's funny to me, because the majority of those drivers have vehicles that have their fancy array of LED's below their main bulb. Seems those drivers are very sensitive types. cheers

#13 ·
I had the OEM HID low beam and my PIAA halogen driving lights illuminated and still the cager got me. My XR was a total loss and I received some pretty significant injuries. (Nothing compared to cornfedboy). I am currently looking for a replacement set of driving lights for my AG XC and yours are quite appealing. So are the Clearwater LED's. I wish I could make up my mind. Thanks for posting the pics.

#14 · (Edited)
I hear you...no magic bullet here to keep the shiny side up. Clearwater was offering a Forum members discount when I purchased in 2011. Just saw an AG XC in a group of other riders today; really stood out in a sea of also-ran's. thumb up

#16 ·
I love the look and extra (bright) lighting up front! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.