Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Free Exhaust offer in So-Cal Judge, Boarwalk, or '12 Cross Country

7K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  VegasVic 
#1 · (Edited)
I need a '12+ Cross Country or '11 with rear crash bars (stock) for test fitting. You get free set of slip on mufflers out of it.

Need your bike for a few days in Anaheim.

Drop me an email at admin@bassani.com

#6 ·
The Cross Country, Cross Roads and Hard Ball all use the same frame. Will any of them do? Is there something particular about the ABS models that makes a difference in the exhaust verses the non-ABS models?

BTW, truly appreciate your exhausts. Had one on my old Kingpin and it was outstanding. I hope the one you develop for the our bikes keeps a muffler on each side.

Ride safe.

#7 ·
#9 ·
A stage 1 flash would do it but a VFCIII or PC-V would be better.

Oddly enough the 2-1 pipes don't make much more hp or tq on Vic's like they do on HD's so most people don't mess with them unless they do a big bore, the right cams to match, and have access to one of the few really good dyno guys who can make the Vic run the way it should. They are more for guys like half-crazy who are chasing that last little bit of hp and tq they can get.

I personally would not run 2-1's on any of the Vic touring or bagger bikes. On one of the steel frame bikes; yes.

#10 ·
I've heard that Victory stock pipes aren't too bad and mostly the bike is just starving for air. Do you think that is true?

By the way Bob; What your thought backed up by?
Did you work at a shop or something like that? KEN

#11 ·
I've heard that Victory stock pipes aren't too bad and mostly the bike is just starving for air. Do you think that is true?

By the way Bob; What your thought backed up by?
Did you work at a shop or something like that? KEN
I listen closely to guys like KevinX and Rylan Vos. A few others too.

Also, when I bought a Jackpot I had the factory 2-1 pipes put on it thinking it would make a big difference like it would have on a Night Train I had but came to find out it only made a couple hp/tq so it really wasn't worth giving up the cooler sound of a 2-2 for such a small gain.

So I learned by making the mistake and then listening to others.

#15 ·
Why not an '11? Why not Cross Roads? I'm not a candidate, but you guys might be narrowing it too much for no apparent reason. All 2011 and up, Cross Roads and Cross Country have the same rear, including the factory crash bars. ;)

#17 ·
I'm not sure if it matters but there are three different types of rear bars: Vic for soft bags, Vic for hard bags and AZ Vic for hard bags (AKA, police bike bars.)

Ride safe.

#18 ·
Now you've really complicated the situation here. :ltr:

You're right, there are three styles, however, the original post did say "stock" so that eliminates the AZ Vic bars. Also since they've requested an XC, that almost eliminates the soft bags as hardly anybody gets an XC with soft bags, and if they do, they most likely don't have the bars for them - in other words, an XC with soft bags and crash bars is one rare animal. cheers

#21 ·
Well just to provide an update, Bassani gave me the call and I dropped off my bike on Sunday. I got it down there around noon and met Darryl Bassani at the shop. After some small challenges with getting the bike unloaded we went on a shop tour and then he took me and my wife to lunch. I have got to say that Darryl is definitely a class act.

On the technical side, I asked if the Stage 1 flash would be adequate for the pipes. Darryl consulted with a local Dyno shop that he works with and the Victory dealer who both said that they recommend a power commander. Because I already have the Hi-flow air cleaner and we don't know exactly how the Bassani's flow differs from the Vic Stage 1 pipes, it would be better to install the PCIII. So the bike will be taken down to the Dyno shop this week for me to have that installed. I will pick up the bike on Sunday and ride it back to Las Vegas. I don't know what my base line Tq/Hp #'s are but I will let you know what I end up with. I will tell you that I do not expect huge gains, I know what it takes to get that. ($$$$) I only want a better sound and custom look. I will post some pics once I get it back.

#23 ·
Thanks for the update. I thought about going down from Oregon, but I HATE traffic.

Why would you want to put the PClll on, when the PCV is far better and newer? Powercomander V

#22 ·
Thanks for the update and offering up your bike. Were you told if it will be a true complete dual system? If I were to switch out my exhaust, I would want their pipes again. I always enjoyed the way my old KP sounded. Please post your opinion and pics when yours is back.

Ride safe.

#25 ·
I just confirmed with Darryl that it will be a PC-5. thumb up I guess I had not purchased one in quite a while. It will be back from the dyno tomorrow. I can't wait to get it back!!

#26 ·
I spoke to the Dyno guy on Wednesday and he said that he was able to tune it and get 94HP and 108TQ out of it. He was telling me that the ignition adjustment is what really wakes up the bike and that I am going to be very happy with the throttle response. I will try to remember to reset my MPG before leaving Bassani tomorrow and see what changes might be found there.

#32 ·
So here is the down and dirty of the 4" Bassani Quick Change Mufflers.

1.The team at Bassani make it a great company to work with.thumb up
2.The pipes look great and they have them in chrome or blackthumb up
3.The end caps are top quality and half the price of the other guysthumb up
4. Performance was improved to 94Hp and 108FPTq (with PC-5 and Hi-Flow air cleaner) The bike laid a 20' snake at the back of the Bassani lot. When I put the trunk on and took the wife for a ride it was able to pull the front wheel off the ground when I hit 2nd gear.thumb upthumb up
5. They sound great with a louder than stock low bass rumble at idle and carry that tone to highway speeds. They do bark when you crack the throttle hard.thumb up
6.Although I did reset the MPG display on my way back to Vegas, I do not feel I had a fair comparison. I ran faster and had a lot more wind than normal. I did not see a big difference either way.
7.Did I say how great the Bassani guys were to work with? LOLthumb up

In summary, if I did not have these pipes I would be buying them as soon as I could.

cheers

Text Line Parallel Diagram

#33 ·
Cool beans. Did they do a dyno run before they put the pipes on so there is something to compare this one too? I understand you were going for sound and not necessarily power but it doesn't hurt to know what to expect. Better flowing exhaust is one of the ingredients needed to make more power though so even if it wasn't a big difference; it could be with the right changes in other areas like the Lloydz cams and AF and a good tuner and an auto tune or dyno tune done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I have found that locally the auto tune does a better job than anyone around here.

#35 ·
Cool beans. Did they do a dyno run before they put the pipes on so there is something to compare this one too?
Unfortunately I did not get a pre-pipe reading on the dyno, so I dont have exact numbers. But the Dyno guy (Mickey Cohen) has done quite a few Vic's and my bike came out 10 over on both HP and TQ from the stock ones on his Dyno. Don't tell anyone but Mickey said these mufflers turned higher numbers than the Bassani 2 into 1 system. I would guess that is because neither bike had internal motor work. If you were going with big bore and cams/heads the 2 into 1 (because of the headers) would have much greater results.

So; We know you have 4" Bassani mufflers and a PCV. What other mod's do you have? Did the dyno guy leave your O2 sensors connected?
I also have the Victory hi-flow air filter and the air box seal pulled. Mickey did leave the O2 sensors disconnected and I was going to call him to ask the technical reason for this. I thought I would want those connected with a tuner.

#37 · (Edited)
Mickey Cohen actually dyno'd my bike and tuned the PC-5 to my bike.

There is a video of it on YouTube. I could not get the link to post from my phone. Just look up 2011 Cross Country Bassani and look for the blue one.

#38 ·
It sounded good but the rider didn't have a good understanding of when to accelerate and when not to because the key is to hear it as it pull away. It would have been so much better had the rider known that. Here is the video you posted. I came through in my email.

Do you know if the stock end caps with fit these muffs?

I've got $300 into some Ness caps that I really like. It would be a deal breaker if I couldn't use them. These pipes do have a nice sound in the decibel I would be looking for.

#41 ·
Do you know if the stock end caps with fit these muffs?
I don't know if they would. My understanding is that the diameter of the Bassani's is 4 inches and slightly larger than the stock mufflers. That is better than smaller and I would bet you could get them to work. Or, you should be able call Darryl and ask him.

#42 ·
After reading this thread and corresponding with warr110r I decided to order up some of the Bassani slip ons.
Warr110r lives in the same town as I do and he was nice enough to let me stop by and listen to his bike.
The sound of these pipes are very nice; a very deep tone that is not too quiet but not obnoxiously loud either. At highway speeds you will be noticed but you can still hear your radio. The youtube videos do these pipes zero justice!
I received my pipes today and installed them. I have the bag guards so I ran into the fitment problem which was the reason for Bassani using warr110r's bike as a test mule. I called Bassani and spoke to Gary and he sent me a picture of the mod they needed to make to warr110r's set-up to allow for the use of guards.
The fix was so simple that i was surprised they were ever notified of the problem. I bet warr110r is happy though!
Anyway I would 100% recommend these pipes to anyone that wants a top quality product that sounds great, with the knowledge that if you ever have a concern you can call and get top notch customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.