Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Handlebars, any of you change yours, to what?

36K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  mds5x8 
#1 ·
I need some that are taller, I like the look of the ones on the Highball I think it is, the ape hangers, but I would need chrome ones, I am thinking about 10" apes of some type would get them about where I want them, any of you change yours, to what, pics would be great, and how tall can we go without cable changes? thanks

#2 ·
Last night I took the stock pullback style risers off and put a set of 4" tall straight risers on, they fit with no problem, and I still have plenty of slack in the cables, anyone know how tall a person can go, anyone change out their bars for something taller?

#7 ·
I think those would look OK on your bike, I want some similar but chrome on mine, but less pullback. And what fly bars do you have colecrazy?
I took some pics of mine, just havn't gotten them loaded yet. I looked at it last night, put some spacers under my risers and took measurements, looks like I have room for some 10 apes with just a short 2" riser with stock cables and stuff. I would really like to find some bars like the ones on the hardball, the black apes in a 10", but chrome. Thanks guys for the responses!! I will get some pics up soon I hope.

#8 ·
Well today I ordered a set of short risers, just tall enough to mount my bars with, and a set of 10" santee ape hangers off of ebay.

#9 ·
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

stock risers and bars
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

again, just closer
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

4" straight risers, stock bars
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Headlamp Fuel tank

again, just closer

#10 · (Edited)
Well, my 10" apes showed up today, not what I am looking for, they don't match the look of the bike. I was looking at the ness ram bars, how are they? I need higher, not so much more pullback, I like the feel of the stock bars, they are just to low for me.

Colecrazy, how much taller and how much more pullback do those bars have then stock? Can you see the speedometer good with them on?

#22 ·
Well, my 10" apes showed up today, not what I am looking for, they don't match the look of the bike. I was looking at the ness ram bars, how are they? I need higher, not so much more pullback, I like the feel of the stock bars, they are just to low for me.
I know this was almost a year ago, but I was just wondering if you happen to still have those apes laying around and if so, if you want to get rid of them? I've been looking at the 10" Santees on ebay for my M109, figured I could help you get them out of your garage and recoupe some money instead of me giving it to somebody on ebay. Are they the ones like I attached here?

Attachments

#11 ·
Anyone know much about the Heli Bars for the XC?

#12 ·
I have a set of Ness fly bars on the way. They are off a 04, I am hoping they fit my '12. They want crazy prices for a set of new ones. I scored them off of fleabay. Will post pics when i change them.

I will admit that for me the stock ones are not too bad. Plenty comfortable. I bit back and a shade higher would be nice tho.

m

#13 ·
Riser

I snagged a couple pairs of risers and one of the drag bars off of fleabay myself. I will say you get what you pay for. The 30 dollar drag bar looks cheap as hell compared to the vic drag and ram that I have but if it is going to bend all to hell if you just drop it what is the difference? I will post pics when bike comes back from miscellaneous warranty work.wac

#16 ·
Just purchased the Ness 12" chrome modular drag bars for my vegas, ETA is thursday..Cant wait to see how those look..

#18 ·
Turkeeslapper: Your bike would look even better if it had some mild amount of pin striping done to highlight the angles in the tank and to bring the fenders together. I'm thinking a thin line on the wheels on the side kinda like what Harley did to the Stugis Dyna Glides they had years ago.

Just a thought. Looks good the way it is too. I'm just partial to a little bit of contrast to give it some character.

#24 ·
Sorry sold the apes. The ones i had were the old school traditional apes though, not like the ones in the pic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#27 ·
#29 ·
I wanted to do the same thing with my 05 Vegas standard, the kit is only for 08 and newer bikes. 2007 and older do not have enough wiring and cable length to make it with the Highball apes. I wish somebody would make a kit for 07 and older bikes. I was told if your very good at electrical you can do it yourself. My local shop quoted me about $350 in labor and parts(wiring), that's not including the Apes.

The price was just to steep for me, I ended up just putting on some Ness Fly Bars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.