Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Demoralizing

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  EODK9Trainer 
#1 ·
We Americans have apparently become too stupid and lazy to do anything for ourselves. God help us if we ever p*ss off the Asians and Germans...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49743003

#3 ·
I saw that earlier today. Unbelievable. We introduced the world to the Industrial Revolution, then decided that we were so smart that we didn't need to know how to make things, since we could buy them elsewhere.

Would you like fries with that?

#4 ·
While I agree that Americans are generally lazy and stupid (just look at the election results, with nearly half the USA supporting a twit like Romney!) I do not think this points to American laziness...

Im betting that the average American also cannot start a fire without a lighter or matches - despite the fact that 100 years ago, any American would have possessed this knowledge...

We pioneered the assembly line with Ford Motor Company. Then, we slowly began shipping manufacturing jobs abroad, and as a result, there are few manufacturing jobs left. Others, such as the Chinese and Japanese, have excelled and improved upon Ford's ideas of assembly lines, automating much of the process. And they want to share that knowledge with us??

Id say we would be stupid and lazy to NOT take them up on that offer. wac

#5 ·
I am in the electronnics industry and very familiar with Mr Gou and Foxcon. This is the company that had people commiting suicide by jumping out of buildings because of the stresses of piss poor working conditions and slave wages. Personally I believe we do NOT need Gou's advice on how to do business. The man and his company are scumbags.

#6 ·
Company I worked for was bought by Foxconn in bankruptcy.
Many of my co-workers went to China and taught them how to maintain their stamping equipment. They had already copied the dies but could not maintain or repair them. This went on for a couple of years then the facility was shuttered. Before it went south we were stamping for compaq, xerox, ibm, hp all at the same time. Damn I wish I could turn back the clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.