Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Feedback on rear taillight LED

7K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Kool 
#1 · (Edited)
What is you experience with the different rear LED taillight?
The:
Tomahawk
MBW
The 149$ one XD cycles
The 149$ one on eBay
Thanks for your input?

#2 ·
Do you mean a replacement LED triangular tail/brake light assembly, or are you talking about the various LED turn signal arrays that replace the signal stalks on the back fender?

#6 ·
For those of you who've done the rear turn signal replacement--do you HAVE to relocate the license plate, or do you have the option of keeping the LED signals with the plate below it? While I know some like the look of the side-mount plate, it doesn't do much for me and I was just curious if the option was still there to keep the tag on the back.

Thanks!

#8 ·
I like it, add visibility and you almost don't see it. I look on xdcycles and ebay but I don't find it. Can you give me a link where I can see and order it please? Thanks !

#9 ·
I'm lookin to do this also...JP cycles site is not great to navigate. Want to led the rear signals ....rear light don't really care unless you have to...the fronts also fork type. Do you need a load equilizer for each light...so 4? or just front and back?
I've looked at a few and I do have google..lol. Which ones are the best quality and best price..? Who is best to order from? Bike is black...so clear or smoked works best? Any and all ideas welcome...thanks

#11 ·
Thanks...how does the licence plate light work out doin this upgrade?...and the tomahawk does the rear brake tail light too...right? What are you doing for the fronts?

#17 ·
I will for sure HammerS.

But I'll wait because right now, I'm keeping money to buy a touring seat for my bike and also, I want to find something to do with the front turn signals. I don't want to install this kit and keep the stock one in the front. Maybe mirrors with turn signals in them could be an option, like the V-Rod Muscle...

#20 ·
Building my own version of this hopefully this weekend. I couldn't see spending $300 on one. Built the test bracket last night out of steal and going to rebuild it with aluminum this weekend, no welding needed. LEDs were $10. It's not bolt on but I'll post a the template when complete to make your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.