Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New Parts and Dyno

15K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  TN Rider 
#1 ·
So I decided I needed some new items and more power from my XR. I ordered the Freedom Performance Duals and a PCV. I did a baseline dyno run for power/tq and AF. 86hp, 103 TQ with the Stage 1 ECU, strip removed, Vic air filter and Chesapeake Cycles aftermarket slip on exhaust. They have them made by someone with a larger exhaust outlet ( 2 inch versus 1 1/2). The AF ratio was lean at idle, lean further between 2500 and 4000 and good above 4000 and between 1500 to 2500. Cruising RPM was not smooth at all so the addition of the aftermarket controller is much needed for better power and all around riding. The pipes will be here in about 2 weeks so stay tuned!

#8 ·
The nice thing about getting the fuel controller though; is you can swap cams at some point and not need to then get the fuel controller and you will have a real feel of the difference once you do.

The Stage 1 flash doesn't quite cut it for performance cams. I wish it did. It would sure make life much easier if that's as far as one goes with the motor upgrades.

I almost feel sorry for those who can afford to get their brand new X bike with cams, full Stage 1, fuel controller and a good performance exhaust system like D&D's or others before they actually ride it. Almost. :D

It is nice to feel those performance upgrade in increments so they are more appreciated though...

I'm not familiar with the Chesapeake mufflers but I hope they work well for you.

#9 ·
I'f following your posts intently as I too am thinking about the Freedom exhaust. It looked like the Bassani 2-1 wasn't that much of an improvement over slip ons using the stock headers.

#10 ·
The Chesapeake Cycles exhaust looks a lot the RPW slip ons. They won't say who makes them but they are definitely not the Stage 1 Victory pieces.

Cams may be in the future as we see how the pipes perform. I came off of a Yamaha Raider so there was a drop off in power that is hard to stomach sometimes. Just pipes and the Cobra tuner made 98hp and 120ft/lbs out of the 113.

#11 ·
The Raider is a sharp bike. I didn't know it had all that power on tap though. :cool:

The Cobra tuner was talked about on another thread. I've been intrigued by it since I heard about it last year. I wish they would make one for the Victory. Sounds like just the ticket for those who want to install it and forget about it rather than tinker with the other tuners.

#15 ·
So finally the exhaust is on the truck and out for delivery. Hopefully will do the un-boxing this evening with some pictures and install in the next couple of days. Weather dependent and rain is in the forecast. Freedom Performance has been great to deal with but it does take time to get the pipes. They make them in short production runs so timing is key.

#21 ·
How far out on that left side does the header go. From what I can tell from the pic it comes out over the primary cover. Do you think there would be any fitment issues on the CC with floorboards (2011 style - non adjustable). Also wondering about the heat for the passenger. If I toast my wife's foot - life will not be good. Could you post a pic taken with more of a front angle on that left side??
They look sweet - do they sound as good as they look?

#22 ·
They do sound awesome. Storm is moving in so no video yet. Will have to report back on passenger heat, it doesn't look like it will be an issue and they should fit fine on the CC. They are a really nice piece of hardware, well built and the nicest looking and fitting pipes. You have to use a spacer on the right side floor board to move it out a little and it takes some patience to deal with the manufacturer but it is worth it. The tips are machined aluminum with heat coating. Beefy and really nice, I rotated mine around so the slash followed the saddle bag lines.

#26 ·
Was to busy riding to shoot video today. The bike definitely makes more power, how much remains to be seen when I go to the dyno in a week or two. I added the Lloydz air filter as well. It runs up to red line much faster now, I can run a higher gear at a lower rpm without lugging as well which should boost fuel economy as well. I am also trying to find a better video camera than my cell so the sound comes through better.

#27 ·
Short sound clip but it should give you an idea of what they sound like. The better your computer speakers the better it will sound, they have a great low powerful sound that gets lost on small speakers. This video sounded terrible on my iPhone but on my computer was great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.