Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Vision Lower Air Deflectors???

31K views 56 replies 26 participants last post by  astro1 
#1 ·
Anyone purchased the lower air deflectors for their Vision?? I am considering ordering them, but for $250 I want to make sure they work and are worth the money. Thanks!! I am looking for a way to provide more airflow for my legs on hot days.

#7 ·
Mounts for lower wind deflectors

Hi Guys,
According to my local dealership I have to buy the complete set of plastic wind deflectors in order to get the mounts. does anyone know where I can buy just the mounts?????? I intend to buy the Cycle Ops replacement blades, but I can't until I have the mounts. I am running out of time, Sturgis is only a few weeks away and riding thru Custer National park can get a bit hot on the ole legs!.
Thanks
Stretch

#9 · (Edited)
Lower air deflectors are on back order at Victory.

Hi everyone, I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a set of lowers that I ordered from a Victory dealer online. I finally found out that they are on a HUGE back order list. I initially went online to try and save money. ($199.00 0nline). After waiting 2 weeks for the lowers I called the dealership and found out they were on back order with no ETA! So I called my local dealership ( Wheels motorsports Fargo ND)and they had 1 set left. When I told them about the internet price at another dealership they told me to bring in the website address. They lowered the price of the wind deflectors to match the sale price plus shipping. KUDOS to the guys at Wheel's! So if you are looking to order them before Sturgis... DON'T. Find the closest dealer and buy them! If they break... I mean WHEN they break you can buy your replacement blades from Cycleopsusa and get them ASAP. You need the mounting hardware that you can only get by buying the Victory lowers. See you in the wind at Sturgis!!!
STRETCH
2009 Vision Tour Premium

#10 ·
Deflectors

I should have read this before I bought them from the dealers 6 months ago. They have not broken, but they will not stay in place. The wind closes them when I need them to blow away that engine heat. I can't seem to tighten them enough.
And, those stock deflectors that are mounted under the mirrows won't stay in place. The screws don't tighten - they just turn. :mad:

#37 ·
Wrong screw

I should have read this before I bought them from the dealers 6 months ago. They have not broken, but they will not stay in place. The wind closes them when I need them to blow away that engine heat. I can't seem to tighten them enough.
And, those stock deflectors that are mounted under the mirrows won't stay in place. The screws don't tighten - they just turn. :mad:
You are tightening the wrong screw. There is one that puts pressure on the hinge and not the mount.

#12 ·
Deflectors

I bought the deflectors to push the heat away from my legs (I live in AZ), worked great but plastic shield cracked within a week. ordered a Billet set from Cycleops and they are the best. they also look great as the gloss black blends into the bike. You have to have factory set to get the mounting points as the Cycleops deflectors do not come with them. A must for me and well worth the price.

#13 · (Edited)
I bought the deflectors to push the heat away from my legs (I live in AZ), worked great but plastic shield cracked within a week. ordered a Billet set from Cycleops and they are the best. they also look great as the gloss black blends into the bike. You have to have factory set to get the mounting points as the Cycleops deflectors do not come with them. A must for me and well worth the price.
Do you mean http://cycleopsusa.com/store/morevictoryparts.html?

#17 ·
Don't be afraid to trighten them as necessary to hold as fast as you want to ride. The set screw will solve your problems. Some leave them a little loose so they can adjust them with their feet (fine with mine, but if you want your plastic ones to break that's the way to do it... go ahead... so you can buy mine that much sooner!), or your may have just been set light from the factory. Try it and see. You'll find too that mine actually flow more air as they don't deflect from the wind like the plastic ones do.

#19 ·
CycleOpsUSA - Will you be selling the fasteners/mounting hinges soon so we don't have to first purchase the plastic set just for those?
Hey there Cowboy (damn, that sounds just plain wrong coming from another man!),
It's actually a lot cheaper for you to go that route if done correctly.
I have no intention of making the hinges because they're too expensive to do in smaller quantities, being 4 totally separate bases, and with the cost of all the different molds to do the casting, the machining and welding of the mounting parts and all that, with the relatively small market (from a manufacturing standpoint)it's just not worth it to do them here in the USA (Vic's are done in China by Kuryakyn) and I have no intention of doing them since there's a cheaper way out for you guys anyway. Victory can afford to make 10,000 sets of them in China. I can't afford that kind of volume, now would I ever go outside the USA for any manufacturing as anything I make, I make here in pure red, white, and blue.
The plastic parts of the OEM kit are the least costly parts in the kit, with all the money for the kit being in the hinges themselves. What you do is go to http://www.surdykemotorsports.com or any other online 20% off Vic dealer and sign up your e-mail there. They give 20% off on all OEM parts, and more often than not free shipping as well. Now keep in mind that $200 gets you the entire factory kit icluding the plexi wings. As so many guys just want to replace a broken clear one the wings themselves they can quickly and easily can be sold for $25-50 each (better sold in singles) to someone on this forum or others to someone without the resources for a new kit. at $50 each, you end up getting the hinges for only $100. Is it a hassle? Maybe to some, but if I were to make them and have to sell them for $200 or so, there's no difference. At least the way above gives you $50-100 back on the purchase price, ending up significantly cheaper in the end. I have spent lots of time looking for hinges to use, but the Vision's unique fairing shape doesn't allow for the fitment of anything else I sourced out.
I hope this helps.

#25 ·
Post it in the for sale section! I wish this had came up 2 weeks ago before I purchesed my clear as I think now that Cycleops has such a great selection of deflectors that there would be a demand for the hinges... I was keeping my eye out for just this type of post but.... Anyway, and the 2 sided tape is a no brainer! Good luck on selling them, I don't think you will have a problem!

Safe ridin
Tim

#26 ·
Old post I know but to add to the list of satisfied customers... I think it sucks that 200 is the price for these things however, just installed them FINALLY (took a little over an hour) and not a moment too soon. I swear I didnt think the air management could get ANY better but it did! Coming into work tonight, 41 degree's, head winds at +18, been raining all day but breaking up finally with only a 20% chance tonight during my 26 mile trek with most of it on the highway... Well, I found the 20% of rain on the way in wearing what equates to service station trousers as part of the work uniform, fought the wind, rain was light just above drizzle but below down pour. Deflectors turn what looks like about 1/2 out of what they should be. UNBELIEVEABLE!

This bike continues to amaze me. If you don't have them, the pari Jeffgis is selling would be a good deal adding the cycleops IMPROVED deflectors. My tossup now will be whether to buy a pair of deflectors from cycleops and sell these, or keep these until one breaks then replace both. Don't know but I DO know I can't way for the ride home in the A.M. 34 degrees, damp, pre-dawn and purposely not wearing the chaps... hehehe Will see how it goes!

Safe riding all!

Tim

#27 ·
I have the deflectors and they do help. I have about 12K miles with them on my '12 Vision. When set for summer riding the blast of air will blow loose fitting pants up to your knees. That's been my only problem which is resolvable. I haven't had any problems adjusting the deflectors. I try not to adjust them while riding. I'm afraid I may put unnecessary strain if not adjusting with both hands. They don't seem to be indestructible and I haven't really looked at others. For now I don't see any problems and expect them to last another year without any problems.

#28 ·
Installed Baker Built Air Wings on my 2013 Vision today. It's night and day difference. It was about 100 degrees today when I took them out for a rest ride. Compared to before it felt like I installed a/c. Best money I've spent on accessories. They don't look great bit they don't look bad and their functionality makes the looks worth it. Highly recommended.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#29 ·
Sorry but no lowers for me. I think the plexi ones look like they were made in shop class. The CO ones look good but I still think they ruin the look of the bike. Wish I could take the top ones off

#31 ·
So where do the lowers attach. I have a 2013 and I was looking at the bike today and could not figure out where they mount. I have a $200.00 gift card from my dealer and a 10% off coupon so I figured I would order a set, but I can't seem to find a part number listed. I was looking at a parts breakdown for the 2013 and I didn't see a breakout of any lower deflectors. I also went through the Victory website and customize and that was not listed as an option. Anyone got a number or link for me?

#32 ·
My dealer had them in stock. Number I found was 2876259 and they come with the template to mark where to clean and apply the mounts. I think I have a pic on the vision highway peg thread that you can get a good side shot of them. Will be glad to post some pics if you need them

#39 ·
Got a quote from Honda East but with the $200.00 gift card I have at my local dealer and the 10% off coupon they also gave me. I will probably get them from them. Thanks for the info guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.