Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Guard Dog Keyless security

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Bob C350 
#1 ·
I have the digital guard dog keyless security for sale. Asking 150.00 plus shipping or best offer. Was on 2011 Cross Country.

#2 ·
That's a steal (price wise). I bet it will be claimed in less than 30 minutes.

#5 ·
Oh, I thought they were in the $450-500 range.

#12 ·
You could have gotten one for $249 with the group buy on anoter forum. At least 40 of us were in on it.

#9 ·
:confused:

#11 ·
Why did you stop using it? I'm on the fence for the concept of keyless ignition.

#14 ·
This might help

The "Security" module version needs the key to operate the bike. It has a proximity fob that must be within so many feet of the bike to allow it it start, but the ignition must be used, and sells for the $180 range.
The "Keyless" is exactly that. Have your fob, walk up, turn the kill switch for the bike to run and hit the starter. The fob activates all the ignition parts. This one sells for the $450 range.
I had one of the keyed versions, but it didn't meet my interpretation of a clean install, and certainly wasn't a 10-15 minute install on a Victory as per the advertiseing. That is fine, I never meet the time limits anyway.
I am sure the unit worked as they advertised and they are a top notch company to deal with, but it wasn't something I felt was right for me.
Guard dog has a lot of satisfied customers, and even though I chose not to use their product, I am one of them.

Cheers

#16 ·
Yes it's just a fobe, no key required. I answered the PM and looks like it's sold. It's kind of cool, just walk up turn kill switch to run and fires up. It is plug and play except to add the overide switch. You don't have to install this but I would recomend in case fobe battery dies. Also Bob I will through in a badge that will cover ignition hole once key is removed. It is a ness logo but it's free :D

#18 ·
I bought it but would be happy to sell it as I'm not going to use it. It's the old style fob that they no longer support and it does not light up when pressed.

I'm told it still works but I'm not going to find out.

I paid $150 but will take $50 if someone wants to give it a try. PO assures me that it works. According to the directions it works on the Vision as well.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.