Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Spring Oil Change Specials

18K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  Amsoil Dealer Group 
#1 ·
Your AMSOIL Factory Connection Dealer Group is your newest forum sponsor. Most of you are already familiar with our product line, especially our motorcycle products, and may already be using them in your bikes and other vehicles. The participating AMSOIL dealers making up this group are offering special discounts for forum members so if you decide to use AMSOIL products check with them before purchasing locally or on line as our prices are the same no matter where you live in the USA or Canada.

#7 ·
I use Amsoil and like it BUT this is BS that he will send you a price
Whats there different price cause where we live or what model bike we have.

Stand up and tell us what the prices is.

#9 ·
No BS... You just don't understand. You can't even go to a Dealers website and it list prices as corporate policy does not allow it. That means even if it is full Retail or above. Just policy.

Policy will not even allow me to say that I sell at a discount.

Policy will allow me to say "Contact us for Forum Member Pricing."

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#12 ·
Some companies don't allow pricing in ads and such to keep everything even. It's up to the consumer to find the better deal. Like the show price in cart in some sites.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
Puzzled

One think that really puzzles me about Amsoil is their marketing and distribution strategy. If this stuff is so good, why not sell it in a more traditional manner? This would increase volume, lower the dollar cost by average as well as lower costs due to economy of scale...... In addition making it much more readily available.

I won't try it because it is a pain in the butt to get and if on the road and I need some, I can't get it at a local auto parts store. Lucas, Royal Purple, Kendal, among others, all make their oils available that way? Why not Amsoil?

Not knocking the product itself, just the marketing strategy and business model.

:confused:

#16 ·
It is available at some places. It just depends if they want it and they want to follow corporate policy.

Most Car Quest in FL and many NAPA's there carry it. Many Harley shops do. I have a Harley shop that buys $3000-4500 per month in season. Some O'Reilly's do.

I can set up any Retail Account in the US or Canada if they would like to stock AMSOIL, as long as they abide by AMSOIL Policy.

I don't know about you but I carry a qt of oil in my saddlebag. I only needed about a 1/4 of a qt One time but was because I was pushing the oil change envelope, pulling a heavily loaded trailer and riding 2 up for about 800 miles.

What happens if you are using Kendall and are someplace where you can't find Kendall?[/COLOR]

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#17 ·
It is available at some places. It just depends if they want it and they want to follow corporate policy.

What happens if you are using Kendall and are someplace where you can't find Kendall?[/COLOR]

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

What is this corporate policy you speak of?

#19 · (Edited)
sounds overly complicated, and almost impossible to find a good deal. Sorry, but you are just a salesman, and you will say anything to peddle your wares.

I bet the person that made all those ridiculous "corporate policies" puts their pants on the same way as I do.

I'll just stick with Mobil 1 available everywhere.

#20 ·
So, you are telling me that Amsoil passed on being able to see their product to WalMart because they won't sell factory direct? That Amsoil passed on having a megolith like Walmart buying mllions of quarts of thier product to resell??????? :ltr: That is like someone sayng that Amsoil is used in NASCAR , but SHHHHHHHHH not supposed to tell. And there is a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy from me.

I an throwing a BS Penatly flag on that. Like I said, the poduct may be the best thng since crunchy peanut butter, but the sales and marketing model leaves a great deal to be desired.

#21 ·
As Long as you are using the Mobil 1 Motorcycle oils, you are using an excellent product. Hope you are usig a good filter as well.

Don't care how they put their pants on.

AMSOIL's policies are in place to protect the Dealers. ALL companies have policies in place. You can agree with them or not but, they are there for a reason and does not make a difference who agrees with them.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#22 ·
AMSOIL is used by quite a few NASCAR Teams.

You can call BS all you want, I don't give a S.

They are protecting the Dealer organization instead of lining their pockets.

If you don't like the idea of a company protecting your financial interest, more power to you. I like being associated with a "Stand Up" company.

Just so you know, any Wal-Mart can buy AMSOIL, they have to go through the supply chain. Even the Government Agencies, States and OEM's we supply, MUST go through a Dealer. There is No Way to buy Direct regardless of who you are or who you represent.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#23 ·
The policy Amsoil has sounds to be no different than the new Victory motorcycle policy that Honda East Toledo made us aware of recently, see their post titled "Victory Prices Going Up". There are MANY other companies that have this policy, for everything from motorcycles to cosmetics. I hope I can never buy a Victory or Amsoil at Walmart.
See :puke: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ when you have time to kill.

#24 ·
The policy Amsoil has sounds to be no different than the new Victory motorcycle policy that Honda East Toledo made us aware of recently, see their post titled "Victory Prices Going Up". There are MANY other companies that have this policy, for everything from motorcycles to cosmetics. I hope I can never buy a Victory or Amsoil at Walmart.
See http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ when you have time to kill.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if wal-Mart went out of business.

Your point is well taken. The thought process of "I won't buy AMSOIL because I can't buy it anywhere" would relate to, "Why should I buy a Victory as they are not everywhere if I break down"

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#26 ·
Here is what you are not realizing. You pay freight on your bike, the parts, the oil and filters you buy and even the box of toothpicks at the grocery store.

You are hammering on "paying freight" but yet, you have no idea what my prices are, what I charge for or what I don't charge for that matter.

I have a "Special" deal just for you. I will sell you AMSOIL for exactly what the catalog says as long as you buy at least a change worth. No freight, just tax on the total.

Everyone else can buy it at my forum member pricing. But You are "Special".

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#27 ·
You're absolutely right. I have no idea what your prices are and I have no idea because you won't tell us. A few people have asked what your prices are but we have to contact you privately to find out. I do realize that everything I buy has shipping factored into the price as does your oil. YOUR price will have the cost of the oil, plastic container and the frieght to get it to distributors all factored in...THEN we have to pay frieght all over again to get it to our home. Lets quit the bickering back and forth, privately send me a quote for 5 Qts of oil and filter to include shipping and tax to zip 72774. I'll decide then if its a "good deal" or if I'm better off with Mobil 1.

#28 ·
Oh, you mean like the freight you pay on everything else to get the raw materials to the manufacturer and then to the warehouse, then to the dealer... And in some distribution networks there can be one to two more steps.

Instead, I send it from one of the corporate warehouses...

Out of 36 forums I am on, this is the only one I can't PM on even though it is turned on.

Corporate policy does not allow us to publicly post pricing.

You can email me AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com for a quote. Please tell me if you want the "Special" Free Freight price or the Forum Member price.

I do not include or quote tax. Just like when you go to the store, the price marked (my quote), is what you pay and when you check out tax is added.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#45 ·
Tax?

Oh, you mean like the freight you pay on everything else to get the raw materials to the manufacturer and then to the warehouse, then to the dealer... And in some distribution networks there can be one to two more steps.

Instead, I send it from one of the corporate warehouses...

Out of 36 forums I am on, this is the only one I can't PM on even though it is turned on.

Corporate policy does not allow us to publicly post pricing.

You can email me AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com for a quote. Please tell me if you want the "Special" Free Freight price or the Forum Member price.

I do not include or quote tax. Just like when you go to the store, the price marked (my quote), is what you pay and when you check out tax is added.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob
There should be no tax unless you are shipping to the same state that the product is being shipped from, so why the tax?

I beleive this holds true for most states at least in Missouri it does.

#29 ·
I don't care which price you quote "special" or forum member price. Whichever price you quote is going to be the one I publicly post on this forum so those who are asking have an answer. If its too high, I'll stick with Mobile 1. If the price is right, I'll buy, even if you are a prick.

#30 ·
Well quit posting and send me an email so you can post it up.

Just be sure you post my entire response and are comparing me to M-1 Racing 4T so we are at least in the right ballpark.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#31 · (Edited)
I emailed for the quote at the same time I posted. You should already have my email. Mobile 1 is $10 a Qt 4T racing or otherwise.

#41 ·
Wow talk about anti climactic, lol. I was about to say leave the poor man alone :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#47 ·
i noticed in one of your earlier post that your address is in maryville tn i live close to there so if i wanted to get some oil from you would i be able to pick it up or would you still have to mail it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.