Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Howdy, and I love riding this Hammer!

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Mr_Buzzcut 
#1 ·
I ran across a great deal on an 06 Hammer, which was pretty, but just too much yellow for me so I changed her to black with some subtle tribal flames airbrushed in. First American bike I've owned and I do love it! Looks and sounds awesome, rides like an older model heavy sportbike, which is what I spent over a decade riding. Comfortable & fun all wrapped up now into a gorgeous package with a reputation for being solid and reliable.

These forums have already been a great help with odd front blinker 06 cross wiring heads up, proper cleaning of the throttle bodies (which I believe had never been done, this bike has 8000 miles), letting me know the heavy gear clunk is just the way these ride, plus more.

Now that I've got it all back together, spent some very enjoyable time riding, and snapped a few pics ... figured I would formally say hello to the group and give a big THANK YOU to many helpful posts!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats! That's one gorgeous Hammer! Welcome aboard. cheers

#6 ·
What did you say?

Nice ride. Bet you just do short rides,or you got some really good ear blugs. If you get tired of the noise, the 2 into 1 pipes usually offer better performance on the average. Enjoy the new ride,looks good.

#8 ·
Simply beautiful Wolf.

Whoever did your paint job is top notch and thank you for capturing the pearl and metallic with the sun glinting off the tank.

Nice job cleaning up the front by incorporating the signals into the mirrors too.

Are those mini floorboards on the front? I keep some heel rests from Kury around for when I have a bike with front pegs due to an issue with my left lower leg. They really help when riding for more than a half hour or so.

Yep. Real nice blend of fast and mid-range cruiser.

If I may offer a possible suggestion for some time in the future if you have the time and money. Painting, chroming, or powder coating the swingarm and either chroming or doing some hydrographics with the wheels at the same time would be very cool on this bike I think.

And if you do nothing else at all to it you still have one top notch ride.

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you caught the signal wiring issue before blowing the module.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments! I had the wheels on a VFR chromed and they looked really good, especially with that single sided swingarm. I'm already considering budgeting for that since I'll probably hang onto this bike for a very long time. I wish they made a plate/cover for the swingarms, would be so much easier for that piece.

The pegs are Kury, Swingwing I believe. They change shape to give you a couple positions, but you can't flip them back in when riding so they will drag quick when extended (just used for longer straight rides). They are quite comfortable once you establish the right angle, and still move up when the pavement asks them to, but no wear pegs on the bottom so I wouldn't recommend them for someone frequently riding at those angles or you'd destroy them quickly.

#12 ·
The front pipe is tucked in very tight. Barely touches the frame as well as the cooling fins on the engine. The inside of my pants are close, but never really sit against them. The wrapping is thick so even the accidental bump/touch doesn't transfer much heat. I'll include a pic below from another angle for you.

The only thing I would change for my stance might be having the tips placed a couple inches back. The exhaust comes out exactly where my right foot naturally plants on the ground, and occassionally when backing the bike up I have to be careful I dont rub my boots-pants on them too hard.

You may also want to take a look at the "Talon" exhaust for ideas. Similar styling but the crossover function is unique and places the tips further back as he tries to get similar length in each pipe. They are just very hard to come by unless you want to wait forever.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.