Utopia Backrest - Pics and Impressions - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
bryman

Default Utopia Backrest - Pics and Impressions

I just received my Utopia police pad backrest with quick-out option. I am extremely impressed with the quality, ease of install, and functionality. It's easily adjustable in every direction, provides just the right amount of back support, and looks like it should have been a factory option. Here are some pics of it on my XR.

Other: Signal Dynamic LED Plate frame w/BackOff XP / Clearwater Glenda LED Lights / 3BRPowersports USB in-bag power port / Utopia police backrest w/quick-out / D&D Boss slip-ons (569-12F)
bryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
RMH

I put one of these on over the winter and agree it's a good quality item and installs easily.

However, it doesn't seem to fit me right. I've tried different height positions and different front to back positions, but can't find anything that feels real comfortable.

Seems the size and curvature of the back rest mostly puts pressure on my sides/ribs and not so much my lumbar or back. It's not terrible, just not as comfortable as I had hoped.

Maybe I just need to let it break in and conform a bit more to the shape of my back. As it is I only lean back into it when accelerating or occasional stretching during a longer ride.

Cheers,
Randy
RMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
irv

do you have to keep posting more pictures of your bike.
quit teasing me.if it doesnt rain mine will be home tomorrow night.
i ordered the backrest mt only and he went ahead and got the
backrest too .i was going to use my ultimate one.more stuff
and still less in price than when we started so im having iso
grips put on too.that way i wont have to do it. gosh i love
your bike!--irv
irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
ammo_umb

Bryman,
If you don't mind letting the world know how much was the backrest/police option/quick-out option/shipping?

Also does it tilt for passenger mount and is it much more difficult to swing your leg over?

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
bryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
do you have to keep posting more pictures of your bike.
quit teasing me.if it doesnt rain mine will be home tomorrow night.
i ordered the backrest mt only and he went ahead and got the
backrest too .i was going to use my ultimate one.more stuff
and still less in price than when we started so im having iso
grips put on too.that way i wont have to do it. gosh i love
your bike!--irv
Hah, thanks Irv. I hope you get yours soon! Sounds like the mod disease already started for you.

Other: Signal Dynamic LED Plate frame w/BackOff XP / Clearwater Glenda LED Lights / 3BRPowersports USB in-bag power port / Utopia police backrest w/quick-out / D&D Boss slip-ons (569-12F)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
bryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo_umb View Post
Bryman,
If you don't mind letting the world know how much was the backrest/police option/quick-out option/shipping?

Also does it tilt for passenger mount and is it much more difficult to swing your leg over?
Sure, all the prices are public on the website:

Backrest w/small 7" pad: $215
Quick out for XC/XR: $65
Shipping: $10
--------------------------------------------
Total: $290

As for swinging a leg over, I'm 6' and have no problem getting on the bike without flipping it forward. In the lowest position like I have it, it flips forward but not quite flat. I bet if you put it in a higher position, it would.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
ammo_umb

It looks great and I thought I rembered that you were close to my height so thank you very much for the info! I had to ask the price because I couldn't tell on the website if the price was the same for the short pad or not so now that I know Utopia may have another customer soon!

One last thing; in the Police section the mention air for the Police pad - in your opinion would this be beneficial or is it comfortable as is?

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.

Last edited by ammo_umb; 03-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
bryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo_umb View Post
It looks great and I thought I rembered that you were close to my height so thank you very much for the info! I had to ask the price because I couldn't tell on the website if the price was the same for the short pad or not so now that I know Utopia may have another customer soon!

One last thing; in the Police section the mention air for the Police pad - in your opinion would this be beneficial or is it comfortable as is?
I think the air they are referring to is for the HD police seat they make. As far as I know, the backrest doesn't have an air option. And for me, the backrest is very comfortable. I especially like that you can lean back on it and the angle pivots a bit to let you stretch out. And you can reach behind you and adjust the screw at any time to change the position of the backrest. Plus the thing is built like a tank by people in the USA. Go for it!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
irv

just exactly is the quick out?doesnt the standard mt allow
you to pull the backrest out. that backrest looks real
comfy. any pics of the quick out part-thanks--irv

oops, do you know the pad size difference between the regular
and police pad . the lady i talked to told me id be happier w/the regular.
i assumed it was bigger. i like the look of yours .what are the
dimensions of your pad.ive heard pros and cons on the stock
seat for long rides,so am waiting to hear on the ultimate. i
have one on the vtx and have never seen the wonderfulness of it.

Last edited by irv; 03-15-2012 at 06:26 AM.
irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Bob C350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMH View Post
However, it doesn't seem to fit me right. I've tried different height positions and different front to back positions, but can't find anything that feels real comfortable.

Seems the size and curvature of the back rest mostly puts pressure on my sides/ribs and not so much my lumbar or back. It's not terrible, just not as comfortable as I had hoped.

Maybe I just need to let it break in and conform a bit more to the shape of my back. As it is I only lean back into it when accelerating or occasional stretching during a longer ride.

Cheers,
Randy
Do you have the standard backrest pad or the "police" version? I've heard others say the same with the standard pad but Utopia has very good customer service and will likely swap with you if you are not happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement