CCT on a trailer? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
BruceI
Lifetime Premium

Default CCT on a trailer?

I almost hate to ask, but has anyone here had experience trailering their CCT? I'm over two hours from my dealer and expect to be picking up a new CCT in the next couple of weeks. I'm worried when the call comes I won't have a ride, so may trailer the new bike home. Looking at photos it looks like I will be able to loop around the lower triple tree as I have with other bikes. I'm just a little concerned about all that plastic. I don't want to make the drive only to find out there isn't a secure way to tie it down, so would like to be reassured by someone whose been there.
BruceI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
ammo_umb

Hopefully you can get a ride there so you can ride your new XCT home but if you don't at least you have a little time to plan.

You can find tie down procedures in the owners manual and you can download the owners manual on the Victory Motorcycles website. Be careful with the ramp angle; you have a low (in the back) front fender, low rear fender, and the battery/oil cooler in the front so if you have too much angle at the top or bottom or the ramp you could drag or impact parts.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
BruceI
Lifetime Premium

Ammo,
I hadn't thought of the owners manual having such info, and being available online. Of course I the dealer may have had some experience, but don't know that much about them. Thanks for the reminder about ramp angle. Hope it doesn't have to come home on the trailer, but that might be better than having to wait a couple of extra days.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Daveh221

Just ride the new cross country. Don't let the weather stop you.
It will be it's baptism. You will get caught in the bad weather
sometime in your ventures on the road.
BURN-RUBBER!!!
Daveh221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
BruceI
Lifetime Premium

Not sure where you got the idea that this was about the weather. It's all about not being able to drive two vehicles at once.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Botein

Garage

I've hauled my XC on the back of my pickup so you should not have a problem loading onto a trailer with a reasonably sized ramp. Here is a calculator if you want to calculate the ramp length http://www.ramp-master.com/calculator.html . I use a high quality wheel chock because I transport it for 1600 mi every spring & fall. If you use the Ops Manual instructions you will be fine. The front is no problem, the back is a little trickier because of the pipes.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
ridinman

Garage

Bruce,
Leave your cage at the dealer, pick it up later. I've done that before. Can go back after hours if necessary.

Post some pics when you get her home.

2014 XCT
Lenexa, KS
ridinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
vegas08

Default Loaded XR

The dealer I bought my XR from was 2.5 hours away. I didn't use a trailer but used a full size PU truck. They had a loading dock there and my local honda dealer had a long loading ramp I used. The only problem I had was the front fender. It extends past the front tire. We had to take it off before loading it. Not a big problem. I hope this helps you.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
BruceI
Lifetime Premium

Thanks for all the replies. First of all I'm hoping the bike is shipped tomorrow as expected. Secondly, I hope to have an extra driver. But it's good to know that the CCT can be tied down if need be. The time involved to make the round trip is such that I don't want to leave my car and go back after it.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Daveh221

I would like to see some pictures. What color did you choose?
Daveh221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement