Big bore kit - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory V92C

Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Chatty

Default Big bore kit

There's a big bore kit for the v92 available. Ad copy says it takes the bore from 92mm to 101mm. How does this translate into cubic inches? Or does it?
I'm ignorant when it comes to this. Ad says a new ecu download would be required from a dealer, but could a power commander take care of it?
What kind of power increase would this bring?
EDIT: a quick google search says that this kit brings displacement to 100ci

Last edited by Chatty; 04-10-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Chatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Tarzan
Lifetime Premium

The kit takes the motor from 92CI to 100CI.I have this kit installed in my bike. I bought the kit, then bought 11:1 pistons,then stage 3 cams.I installed them last winter. I did add a power commander. I did because of the pistons. I believe if you use standard 100inch pistons, you could just get a download.
I don't know how many horse power increase you will get with just the big bore kit. But, with all the mods I have(check my signature), I have just over 100HP and Torque.That's according to a Harley mechanic that Dyno'ed the bike last year.I had it Dyno tuned right after I put the motor together. I don't think he got it quite right to be honest, I want to take it to another tuner that knows Victory's.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Colorado Expat

There is a distinct difference between the original ('99-01) engines and the Freedom ('02-up) 92ci / 5 speed engines; I think that the big bore kits may be different depending upon the engine model, so you will want to check what engine / year the kit is designed to fit.

The early engines used an ECU which took a replacement chip, not a download; Victory offered an "off-road" chip as part of the Stage 1 kit, and there are also aftermarket chips available.

The '02 engines were a bit of a hybrid, as I understand; some items on it are specific to '02, some parts are shared with the early engines, but it is mostly the '03-up Freedom engine. The '02-up 92/5 Freedom engines are an easy install into an earlier bike; a little adaptation is needed, but nothing major or difficult.

I don't know specifically when the transition from chip replacement to the download happened, though - I would suspect with the '02 or '03 model year, but don't know for certain.

As a bit of trivia, the original engines were called "Hammer" engines at the time - that designation has fallen into disuse due to the potential confusion with the Hammer model bike.
Advertisement