more new pipes-freedom performance - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
txcanvasback

Default more new pipes-freedom performance

freedom performance true duel exhaust for cc. talked to ben franklin about the new pipes. not on their web site yet but is 5 stepped header sym. starts at 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 2in then at muffler 2 1/2 to 3 in at baffle. no numbers yet to release. front cyl pipe down right side, back cyl down left side-no crossover under the bike. looks like were starting to get some full exhaust. he said they had already sold 200 of these pipes. maybe some one will post sound on you tube and maybe some dyno #s
pcv
adjustable timing gear
lloyds air filter
d&d slip ons
1/4 turn throttle ring
txcanvasback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcanvasback View Post
freedom performance true duel exhaust for cc. talked to ben franklin about the new pipes. not on their web site yet but is 5 stepped header sym. starts at 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 2in then at muffler 2 1/2 to 3 in at baffle. no numbers yet to release. front cyl pipe down right side, back cyl down left side-no crossover under the bike. looks like were starting to get some full exhaust. he said they had already sold 200 of these pipes. maybe some one will post sound on you tube and maybe some dyno #s
It'll be nice to start getting some true duals for the bike. I have a pair of modded mufflers for now...but it's not what I want ultimately. I know CFR had a set they were planning on being available by this Summer.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
ALStensby

Called them yesterday and got some info back from them. Apparently, they're doing their second run of 200 and have presold about 3/4 of them. Next run won't be until the Fall. Cost is $900 for the whole set.

They're built to run with the factory set up. No FC or new intake. If you have a different air filter configuration, you'll need a FC. Gains were different for all three test bikes, but his numbers were all mid to upper single digits. It's a five step-up system. Three in the headers, two in the slip ons. Single piece heat shield. Looks pretty nice.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Gains were different for all three test bikes, but his numbers were all mid to upper single digits.
Or about the same as any decent system or modded stock exhaust... so how much do these magic pipes cost?
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Or about the same as any decent system or modded stock exhaust... so how much do these magic pipes cost?
First sentence...$900 plus about $30 shipping.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
txcanvasback

per lloyd sent email to ben at freedom pipes to see if they will donate a set to lloyd and let him dyno the pipes, well see what happens. proof would be in the pudding
pcv
adjustable timing gear
lloyds air filter
d&d slip ons
1/4 turn throttle ring
txcanvasback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Gains were different for all three test bikes, but his numbers were all mid to upper single digits. It's a five step-up system. Three in the headers, two in the slip ons. Single piece heat shield. Looks pretty nice.
One thing to consider when looking at such dyno curves is the area under the curve.

IIRC, the point of using the scavenging effect of a 2 into 1 is to improve midrange performance. True duals may buy one improved top end at the expense of midrange. IOW, they may run great WFO, but not so hot where most people will actually operate them.

In any case, I like the look from the right hand side. The tuck in and under nicely and don't appear they would create any cornering clearance issues. Do you have a picture of the other side of the bike? I googled but came up empty.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Garion12
Lifetime Premium

Location: Either Afghanistan or East Tennessee depending on the day.

Wow, single digit improvements for $900 is not really that impressive. It becomes even less impressive if these pipes sacrifice mid and low end power to create possibly 10ish HP above 4500 rpm.

I have to say I was really hoping for a better preforming pipe. Hopefully they will donate a pipe to Lloyd so he can do some real testing and see if the pipe is actually worth it at all. I wish Bassani would donate a pipe too just to compare full systems power gains.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
bfp

Garage

Trust me when I say I've spent $6,000 to gain 20 hp but I was a drag boat racer. But for my bike $900 for 9 hp at wot, when I spend 98% of my time at 2550 rpm, not worth it to me. That said I am glad that people are building parts for our bikes now
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Garion12
Lifetime Premium

Location: Either Afghanistan or East Tennessee depending on the day.

I'm with you on that. I don't mind spending money on power (lord knows I'll be doing a lot of that this winter), but if it's all made above 4500 rpm then I would rarely use it. As of now 5000 is generally the highest I go when hitting corners hard. I want real street power where I spend most of my time.
Advertisement