Has anyone installed Hyper Lites? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
rdeerx

Default Has anyone installed Hyper Lites?

Curious if anyone has installed the Hyper Lites brake flashers? If so, do they interfere with the cruise control operation or is it normal? Thanx in advance.
Driver & passenger Backrests
Custom Dynamics Non-sequential License Plate Frame
Hyper-Lites
Cool Magic Bullet LED's
SRVT 2+ Handlebars
Pinstripping by Cobra
Raptor AW-RMBC Antenna
Victory Bag Guards
Kuryakyn #4178 Windshield Bag
Ultimate Seat & Passenger Backrest
rdeerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
RICZ

Installed Hyper-Lites on my 2010 XR and they work great. Mounted 'em on the undersides of the arms for the rear signals. There are holes in them to pass the wires through to the inside of the rear fender, so it makes for a real clean install. Can't see 'em as you're standing around the bike, but traffic behind you sure can. I don't have cruise control, so can't fill you in on that. Don't know why it would interfere. I have posted photos which you can see by doing a search for Hyper-Lites.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...t=lift+adapter
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeerx View Post
Curious if anyone has installed the Hyper Lites brake flashers? If so, do they interfere with the cruise control operation or is it normal? Thanx in advance.
Installed mine a week after I purchased the XC. No issues with cruise at all or anything else.

I went with the metal clips that fasten to my tag frame. All my riding buddies say they light up real well.

2014 Sonic Blue/Silver XCT
Lloydz VM1-DR Cams/ATS/Air Filter/.25 Turn/PCV/Vic BlkTip Tri-Ovals/Tuned by KMC Powersports: 111/112 CR's H/L HID Kit/Glenda LED's/Hyperlites/Stebel Air Horn/Vic Black Billet Floorboards/Primary&Cam Cover

2011 XC-Traded
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Installed mine a week after I purchased the XC. No issues with cruise at all or anything else.

I went with the metal clips that fasten to my tag frame. All my riding buddies say they light up real well.
I have a lay down license bracket that I made (and sell for $35 including shipping) so that particular bracket won't work on my bike. Here's a picture of my Hyper-Lites mounted under the signal arms.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hyper-Lites On.jpg (39.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
rdeerx

After looking at the Hyper Lite website, I thinking I may go with the brake light only. Am I correct in thinking that you have to wire the 2 Hyper lites to their module, then into the brake wire. A ground also I assume?
Hyper-Lites
Cool Magic Bullet LED's
SRVT 2+ Handlebars
Pinstripping by Cobra
Raptor AW-RMBC Antenna
Victory Bag Guards
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeerx View Post
After looking at the Hyper Lite website, I thinking I may go with the brake light only. Am I correct in thinking that you have to wire the 2 Hyper lites to their module, then into the brake wire. A ground also I assume?
The main reason I went with Hyper-Lites is that just one light on the back of a vehicle does not give following drivers anything to triangulate on to determine distance. About 20% of women and a smaller percentage of men have an eye condition where they can not tell how far away a red light is from them at night. I was married to one of those women. She said that at night, a red light could be 30' or 300' away and it had the same intensity. At the time I was married to her, two riders were killed by women drivers hitting them from the rear, at night, on rural freeways. I immediately installed a Priority Lite device on every bike from then on, but it won't work (without difficulty) on the Cross bike's LED signals. So I went with Hyper-Lites.
So now I have the added safety of those behind me knowing how far I am from them, PLUS very bright flashing whenever I apply my brakes. They flash about 5 times, them go on steady. When I'm stopped at a traffic light, I watch my mirrors for cars and as one approaches, I apply the brakes to initiate the flashing.
As far as the installation goes, its very straight forward. I think you can go into their web site and look at the instructions. I'm 75 and no electrical engineer and I did it. If I recall, there are only 3 connections to the bike: tail light, brake light and ground.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
Here's a picture of my Hyper-Lites mounted under the signal arms.....
RICZ, how do the Hyper Lites mount to your turn signal arms? Are they clamped or bolted on?
El Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
RICZ, how do the Hyper Lites mount to your turn signal arms? Are they clamped or bolted on?
They come with double stick tape that has a tenacious grip.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
drummer12345

I had Hyper-Lites on my Triumph and was happy with them. I am now thinking of putting a set on my CCT as well as Hyper-Whites.

Anyone with them installed having any trouble?

Besides the license plate mount and under the turn signals has anyone found another location to mount them?

Anyone have HyperWhites installed?

Thanks.
drummer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
rdeerx

Have had mine on for a few months now & no problems. Does not interfere with the cruise operation.
Hyper-Lites
Cool Magic Bullet LED's
SRVT 2+ Handlebars
Pinstripping by Cobra
Raptor AW-RMBC Antenna
Victory Bag Guards
Sponsored Links