auto tune as a tool???? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 05-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
worm5932

Default auto tune as a tool????

The wife and I went on a little ride and visited Integ Motorsports in peopia illinois.the people there were super nice and seemed to have a good idea about victory performance. I talked to them about my plans to install a PCV and auto tune. They said they use the auto tune as a tool, they install it on the bike and ride it on a route that gives the tech all conditions, cruising, highway, etc, and they then plug it in and build a map based on what the auto tune found. Load it in the PCV and there you go. They said they've tone lots of them with great results, there was a guy there who had it done on his cross roads and said it performed great. Has anyone heard of doing this?? I like the idea, auto tune is 400 bucks and they charge 250 to install and tune the PCV. He did say if you plan to get out to different altitudes the auto tune would be better, but if you don't venture too far from home it is a good option.
worm5932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
visionjohnny

If it were me I wouldn't spend the money if I wasn't putting cams in.
Sure you pick up some power and maybe your gas mileage will in crease but is it worth it.
My vision runs great and if I keep it below 70mph I get around 45mpg. I do beat harleys and really don't race any one so I don't spend the money on a tuner.
I mean you go down the road good now don't you so why spend the money. Yes it might make your bike smoother but will that be worth the money.
Yes there will be lots that say go for it but there not giving you the money to do it.
Ride half the summer and ask people what they think then decide if your bike needs it.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
visionjohnny

Worm5932
go back into your profile and add where you live and your bike.
It will help you and the rest of us threw out the coming months

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
The wife and I went on a little ride and visited Integ Motorsports in peopia illinois.the people there were super nice and seemed to have a good idea about victory performance. I talked to them about my plans to install a PCV and auto tune. They said they use the auto tune as a tool, they install it on the bike and ride it on a route that gives the tech all conditions, cruising, highway, etc, and they then plug it in and build a map based on what the auto tune found. Load it in the PCV and there you go. They said they've tone lots of them with great results, there was a guy there who had it done on his cross roads and said it performed great. Has anyone heard of doing this?? I like the idea, auto tune is 400 bucks and they charge 250 to install and tune the PCV. He did say if you plan to get out to different altitudes the auto tune would be better, but if you don't venture too far from home it is a good option.
Talk to fuelmotousa.com and get the PCV w/AT for $600. I've heard of some places being cheaper but have not done the research to find them.

No way can the bike be tuned in one ride with the AT. It takes months of accepting the trims to dial it in because it's best to run a couple of tank full's through it before accepting the trims.

Even with the PCV; the ECM is still making changes based on altitude and air changes so there's no worry on running the PCV without an AT up and down in altitudes.

Install it yourself and save a bunch of money.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
worm5932

I need to do some more research on the AT as far as accepting files etc. Also I don't have a laptop only a desktop, how does that work?
PCV w/ auto tune, VM1 cams, dyno tune by the vic shop, 117HP 119TQ
worm5932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Mrninja9

Ok so they charge 250 to install and run a map into the commander. That is not including the power commander correct?
well i will put it this way. I wouldn't trust it. If you want a custom map i know someone close that will dyno for 50 an hour and write you a great map. I don't believe some of what that shop says. They told me i couldn't get the flash for the optional modes go my speedo. Which guess what i can.

If you have questions call rylan from the vic shop. Pretty sure vic shop is his screen name. Great guy he should be able to answer your question he is also certified Lloyds motor builder.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
I need to do some more research on the AT as far as accepting files etc. Also I don't have a laptop only a desktop, how does that work?
Then it might be better for you to go with a Dobek style pots tuner that lets you tune it like a carb. Lots of people make them; Lloydz included. They eliminate the O2 sensors and bike becomes an open loop machine.

Or see if you can find a $50 used laptop to do your tuning with.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement