Victory Transmission Problems!?!?! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
jackpot_rider

Default Victory Transmission Problems!?!?!

Ok, I'm a new Victory Jackpot owner as of early July and am wondering if anyone else has had a transmission failure like mine. Bought a new '08 model, Owned the bike for a month and a half and was just getting back from a trip. I was on the interstate in overdrive and started exiting off. I grabbed the clutch (fully disengaged), coasted for 30-40ft then decided to shift down. Stepped on the gear shift and all of a sudden my trans started grinding horrifically. Started making all kinds of racket, never let the clutch go, so got on the brakes hard and moved over to the shoulder. Got to about 30mph when my trans completely locked causing my rear tire to lock. This caused me to stop a lot quicker then expected but was able to keep the bike up.
So anyways, now my bike's been in the shop for a month and was just told half my trans parts are on back-order (under warrenty)!!!! So now it's looking like I won't get my bike back before riding season is about over. Just really pisses me off. Another crappy thing is since I didn't buy my bike from the local dealer they won't let me take out a loaner to get some riding in!
Anyone else had trans problems or any other type of problems from victory?? Or am I just one of the lucky ones??
jackpot_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
HammerDown

You seem to be a lucky one. Although I've always thought that my hammer shifts hard once it's fully warmed up. Never locked up or growned teeth, but I feel it clunks into gears when the tranny is hot. Might just be the way these bikes shift?
HammerDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Jackpot your problem is not common by any means. You seemed to have gotten a bad tranny.

Hammer, our bikes are all gear driven no belts except for the final drive pulley. They are clunky and thats just the way gear tranny's are. They slam and clunk loud!
diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
pambmorgan

I have an 08 Jackpot with 11,000 miles. Last month I was riding the Blueridge Parkway and I heard a metal klank on two separate occasions. I instinctivelly looked down to my left to see if something may have fallen off. This past Saturday I was cruising and my bike had a horrific klanking noise when it lost the gear. I pulled in the clutch and coasted to the side of the road. I couldn't get it in neutral. I had it towed back to town. Today I heard from my mechanic where he suspects the transmission. $90/hour with an 8 hour tear down...sucks, huh?
pambmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

If you have an 08 Jackpot with 11,000 miles it isn't going to cost you anything because its warranty UNLESS you've done some modifications to your tranny or not serviced your bike.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
pambmorgan

I don't have the extended warranty. The shop isn't treating this as a warranty. Where do I find info on warranties?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
jackpot_rider

It definitely sucks. Luckily mine is still under warranty. Hopefully the parts that broke on your bike aren't on back-order like mine are but I'm sure they are.

I would say call Polaris and tell them about it but I've already done that and they basically told me to pound sand in a nice PR-type way.
jackpot_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
pambmorgan

Did they offer you a loaner?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

When did you buy your bike? All new bikes come standard with the 12 month 12000 mile warranty.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
pambmorgan

I bought it in March of 08. I got the call from my mechanic today telling me that 4th gear was nstripped on both sides and a couple of other gears were missing teeth. I am sick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement