hacker zoomies exhaust - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Jackpot Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
ness #163

Default hacker zoomies exhaust

Thinking of putting these on my 09. They claim (hacker) that they out perform the victory performance pipes. I currently have the victory 2 into 1 pipe but want something different but I don't want to kill performance. I have the S&S air cleaner and a PCV. Anyone play with these pipes and how did they perform?
ness #163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Ridnhiball

I recently installed a set of these on my 2012 Highball along with an S&S air intake and Hackers AMS fuel tuner. I'm not sure if Hacker's increase numbers are completely accurate as I've never had it on the dyno but I would safely say that was an improvement over the stock exhaust I had.

If you're interested in the zoomies couple things to know prior to making the purchase and reading some of other people's reviews about them. Good news is the zoomies do have a great sound, looks, and quality of product seems up to my par for the purchase price. Bad news is customer service is to politely put it a little lacking. I didn't have an awful experience like some guys but what bothered me is they told me 3-4 weeks and it ended up being every bit of 7-8 weeks. If you're not in a hurry then this is a mute point but just know they must have a weird method of reading a calendar because even calling for updates a few times it was always "should ship next week". Other then that when I had to ask any tech or additional support questions they were helpful in that regard.

Saint Louis, MO
Ridnhiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
TrashmanNYC
Premium Member

Anything is probably an improvement over Vic "performance" pipes.
HID's, LED's, & Lots O Chrome
108.91HP 112.94ft/lbs SAE
-Formerly Customized 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom-
2012 Suzuki LT-Z400
Yoshimura RS-2 Full Exhaust
Yoshimura PIM2 Fuel Controller
TrashmanNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
ness #163

Of all the victory exhaust I would think the 2 into 1 would be the hardest pipe to beat.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness #163 View Post
Of all the victory exhaust I would think the 2 into 1 would be the hardest pipe to beat.
Actually... the 'Swept' pipes lose less power in a stage 1 than the 2-1

Like the man said, almost anything is better than the Victory pipes as far as making power. Evidently, to Victory "performance" means they are louder...

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/vic...t-1-89780.html
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/vic...t-2-90808.html
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/vic...t-3-90954.html

bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 06-26-2012 at 05:17 AM.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
hawkeyecubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness #163 View Post
Thinking of putting these on my 09. They claim (hacker) that they out perform the victory performance pipes. I currently have the victory 2 into 1 pipe but want something different but I don't want to kill performance. I have the S&S air cleaner and a PCV. Anyone play with these pipes and how did they perform?
I've got them on my 06 JP, but I've never had it dyno'd, so I don't know what numbers I'm seeing. But i love how they look and how they sound, and haven't had any problems.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
ness #163

I want something more radical. The hackers look good but I can't get over the look and sound of the ground pounders. They're just so $$$$$$$$. Anyone have any used ones for sale?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
dahc

i have some slightly damaged ground pounders for sale.look in classifieds
2012 Victory Zach Ness Edition #30

Conquest Customs Ground Pounders,Lloyd's Torque Tubes,VFC-3 Fuel Controller and Pro One Oil Cooler
dahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #9
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Like the man said, almost anything is better than the Victory pipes as far as making power. Evidently, to Victory "performance" means they are louder...
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/vic...t-1-89780.html

"Is the drop in power noticeable on the street? Not especially. After all, we’re talking about only a few ponies at peak rpm, and a significantly small drop in torque beyond 3000 rpm.

So why did the collector feel better in terms of how it performed on the street during acceleration? We can only conclude that the answer rested in the system’s sound and noise level."

In the end, it's all about perception as we humans are terribly inaccurate sensors. That said, I don't wanna race ya.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
Kingpin50
Premium Member

I bought my 08 Jackpot with Lloyd's pistons and cams, aircleaner etc. I had the Ness 2nd generation slash style pipes on it when I bought it. It never seemed to have the low end I thought it should have. I bought a Victory performance 2 into 1 pipe on ebay. I removed the cat inserts had to make some adjustments with the fuel controller(Lloyd's). It may not make the HP #'s but I gained a ton of low end, midrange is still very good, top end lost some. It seemed with the slash pipes, it wouldn't wake up until 3500 rpm. For me, this setup runs best for my type of riding. You may give up some low end to gain top end.
Kingpin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement